Senior Manager of ESG Reporting & Risk
Company: Workiva, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job SummaryESG Global Reporting & Risk, Sr. Manager will enhance
Workiva's growth and reputation for environmental, social, and
governance (ESG) issues. Leading as a writer and project manager,
they will be responsible for ESG reporting and risk management
within the ESG Team. The role will advance Workiva's ESG reporting
through partnering with the communications, finance, risk, legal
teams and ESG disclosure work stream to develop an industry leading
reporting and risk practice.This position will work closely with
many internal stakeholders experts across the business to support
ESG risks and reporting with the goal of positioning Workiva as a
SaaS leader in ESG. They will help deliver year-over-year
improvement in ESG reporting and disclosure across industry ratings
and rankings, stakeholder inquiries, as well as annual
reporting.The Senior Manager will be a pro-active collaborator and
communicator. Poses a high attention to detail and able to grasp
- Ensure writing and implementation of the ESG integrated
reporting disclosures and risk plans are effectively managed and
milestones are achieved
- Produce reports and disclosures in partnership with legal,
communication, and finance our annual ESG Executive Summary
- Partner with internal stakeholders, finance, human resources,
IT/InfoTech, investor relations, legal, communications, and
subject-matter experts across the business to update and create
disclosures, policies, and risk procedures (Proxy, 10K, ESG Data
- Own and manage ongoing updates to Workiva's public disclosure
on the Workiva's Sustainability Page and ESG Data Center
- Engage all relevant departments to support data governance and
controls, and facilitate external third-party auditing.
- Create status reports to inform ESG Task Force, ESG Taskforce
Disclosure Committee and CFO executive chair.What You'll
- Bachelor's degree in communications, finance or accounting.
Minor or certifications in environmental, social, and governance,
public policy, communication corporate social responsibility,
sustainability or related field, a plus.
- Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship certification,
Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting (FSA) Credential Holder,
CPA, or additional ESG training, preferredSkills
- Experience leading and facilitating group process and
collaboration for reporting or risk
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple
projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Technical capacity - strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal
- Ability to resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Ability to research, analyze, and succinctly report data
- Advanced knowledge of Wdesk features, preferredExperience
- 6+ years project management or reporting experience within a
large, preferably global, organization; increased in job
responsibilities over the years
- 3+ years experience with CSR and ESG report writing
- In-depth knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks and third-party
investor ratings: Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Taskforce on
Climate Financial Disclosures (TCFD), UN Sustainable Development
Goals (UN SDGs), CDP, MSCI, ISS, EcoVadis, and Sustainalytics.
- Proficient knowledge of Workiva solutions, a plusWorking
Conditions & Physical Requirements* Position requires up to 20%
travel to meet with project teams and stakeholders* Reliable
internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a
Workiva office.How You'll Be Rewarded:
- Salary range in the US:$96,000.00 - $180,000.00 Annually
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match and comprehensive employee benefits packageThe
salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range
for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on
location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide
range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience
and other relevant factors.Where You'll WorkOur values drive how we
work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we
support our customers, work with team members, build our products
and in the work environment we've created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.We
believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture
gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give
our employees the freedom and resources they need-backed by our
culture of collaboration and diverse thought-to continue innovating
and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range
of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today's
most challenging problems.At Workiva, you'll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most
people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee
Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+),
Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations,
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
of work.Learn more about life at Workiva: Learn more about
benefits: Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think
differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and
interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of
intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation.
Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed,
color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression
genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any
other protected characteristic.We strongly encourage and welcome
people from historically marginalized groups to apply.Workiva is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the
application process, please email .Workiva supports employees in
working where they work best - either from an office or remotely
from any location within their country of employment.#LI-HS2
Keywords: Workiva, Inc., Charleston , Senior Manager of ESG Reporting & Risk, Accounting, Auditing , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...