Senior Corporate Staff Accountant
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Opportunity to grow and develop your career while working with a
fantastic teamThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Gareth DaviesAre you a
fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us
your resume.Salary: $60,000 - $90,000 per yearA bit about
us:Privately funded company, ranked amount the top 100 companies in
their industry, and have earned the title of a Best Place to Work
in South Carolina for six consecutive years.Why join us?This team
places great importance on relationships and collaboration. As a
trusted industry leader, our client is dedicated to providing
exceptional service to our customers, fostering strong
relationships with suppliers, and driving growth for their brands.
Their collaborative and entrepreneurial culture encourages
creativity, continuous learning, and a passion for the industry.
All of their employees play an integral part in their success, and
they recognize the value of each and every one of their team
members and what they do to help them achieve its goals. Our client
has created a sustainable growth-oriented, and supportive culture
which positions suppliers, brands, and employees to reach their
full potential.Our client offers a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits including but not limited to:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401K Employer Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program + Other Professional Development
- 10 Company Holidays + Paid Time Off Including: vacation, sick,
personal, volunteer, & birthday
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement or ClassPass subscriptionJob
Details*** This is a hybrid role - The first 3-6 months will be in
office to get up to speed and learn how the company operates. After
that it may transition to a hybrid role offering a lot of
flexibility***As a Senior Corporate Staff Accountant, you will play
a crucial role in maintaining the financial health and integrity of
the organization. You will be responsible for various accounting
tasks, including financial reporting, general ledger maintenance,
reconciliations, and analysis. The ideal candidate will have a
strong background in accounting principles, excellent analytical
skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with
cross-functional teams. In this role, you would quickly develop
valuable knowledge of many different facets of the global business
and be a critical part of our team.Responsibilities
- Financial Reporting: Help prepare and analyze various monthly,
quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with
generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company
- General Ledger Maintenance: Ensure accurate and timely
recording of financial transactions by reviewing journal entries,
reconciling accounts, and maintaining the general ledger.
- Reconciliations: Perform regular bank reconciliations,
including foreign currency transactions, and balance sheet account
reconciliations to ensure accuracy and identify any
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with the finance team to
assist in the budgeting and forecasting process by providing
accurate financial data and insights.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct in-depth financial analysis,
including variance analysis, trend analysis, and profitability
analysis, to support decision-making and identify areas for
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with applicable accounting
regulations, internal controls, and company policies. Assist with
internal and external audits as required.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline
accounting processes, improve efficiency, and enhance the accuracy
of financial reporting.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with other
departments, such as finance, operations, business intelligence and
procurement, to gather necessary information, provide financial
insights, and support business initiatives.Experience and Skills
- Education: bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance, or a
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in
corporate accounting or public accounting.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial accounting
- Proficient in using accounting software and advanced
proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with keen
attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate effectively with
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite) and financial reporting
tools is a plus.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Charleston , Senior Corporate Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!