Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: April 16, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of
healthcare services, comprising 179 hospitals and 120 freestanding
surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. Physician
Services Group (PSG) is a part of HCA. Our mission at PSG is to
practice the best medicine, produce superior patient experiences,
achieve operational excellence and collaborate with other health
care partners, so that the communities we serve reap the benefits
of high-quality, cost-effective care. The medical teams at PSG
support over 1000 physician practices and have over 12 million
patient encounters annually.
\\"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.\\"
Career opportunities are extensive for top talent; Controllers have
room to move and grow their careers. The HCA organization as a
whole has many accounting and finance opportunities throughout the
country and many of today's leaders got their start within the
Physician Services Group.
With 14 division offices stretched across HCA's footprint,
Divisional Controllers provide crucial insight into business
operations through analyses of practice operations, review of
performance benchmarking and assisting in business forecasting. You
will interact with Physician Services financial management and HCA
Division leadership regarding financial and operational activities.
This oversight includes financial projections and reporting,
practice evaluations, economic strategies, budgeting, policy
support and development. Division Controllers lead the development,
implementation and evaluation of company accounting standards and
processes. Additionally you will lead and delegate duties of
division financial analysts and corporate accounting.
Come join our growing team of dedicated professionals that are
committed to delivering the best patient care in the world.
Intrigued? We would love to talk to you about this outstanding
* You will be responsible for overall supervision of division
* You will manage and evaluate performance to ensure quality of
services and maintain technical expertise of workgroup
* Direct and review all activities relating to job duties.
* Drive timeliness, accuracy and completeness of financial reports
to meet specified deadlines.
* Oversee activities of field analysts and corporate
* Partner with senior leadership to develop and report standard
financial data sets.
* Prepare various reports which summarize and forecast business
activity and financial position.
* Conduct physician contract reviews to validate all payments.
* Provide management (to include Physician Services leadership,
Division leadership, & Hospital CFO's) with timely reviews of
organization's financial status and progress in its various
programs and activities.
* Review monthly journal entries as required to accurately close
the monthly fiscal period.
* Review monthly financial variance reports to support practice
operations with performance reviews.
* Review monthly reports for key indicators and statistics.
* Assist practice operations as needed with financial information
requests and questions.
* Prepare and coordinate distribution of monthly reports or returns
required by regulatory agencies.
* Participate in development and detailed review of annual
operating budgets and performance projections.
* Assist in preparing various reports or returns required by
* Assist with internal compliance audits as required.
* Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are
* Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal
Audit and other internal management.
* Assist in the development, documentation and implementation of
departmental accounting standards.
* You will participate in ongoing professional development
activities to remain informed of changing industry trends and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* You will have a strong knowledge of accounting theory, principles
and practices sufficient to identify and describe accounting
systems and sub-systems.
* You will have knowledge of the financial accounting process.
* Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and evaluate
financial data and information.
* Knowledge of accounting information systems.
* Proficiency with PC-based spreadsheet and word processing
* You will have skill in exercising a high degree of initiative,
judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational
* Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
* Skill in interviewing and hiring personnel.
* Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
* You will have the ability to communicate and establish
relationships at all levels of Senior Management
* Ability to delegate work effectively.
* Ability to identify and delegate work appropriately
* Ability to analyze financial reports
* Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting
* Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately
* Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
* Ability to organize work independently and consistently achieve
* Ability to interact with other individuals at all levels of
* Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in accounting or other
* Five years of progressive accounting/financial experience.
* Three years of supervisory experience.
* Preferably three years in a physician practice management or
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits package allows you to select
the options that best meet the needs of you and your family.
Benefits include 401k, paid time off medical, dental, flex
spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee
discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Charleston , Division Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!