Principal Treasury Finance Professional (Relocation to Rapid
Company: Black Hills Energy
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Job SpecificationsThe Treasury Program Manager supports the
management of the assets and liabilities of retirement benefit
plans sponsored by the company including accounting for the plans,
SEC, financial and regulatory reporting and implementation of
strategies to mitigate risk exposures.-- Along with working closely
with many internal teams, this highly visible role interacts with
many external relationships including investment managers,
custodians, trustees, auditors, actuaries, consultants and other
service providers.LOCATION:------ Rapid City, South Dakota: You'll
find that it is the ideal community to live, work and do business
in. With hiking trails, the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore and
Badlands National Park in your backyard, there are endless
opportunities to enjoy nature.--
- Rapid City - Hidden Gem of the West:
- Rapid City Chamber of Commerce:
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position!
Our benefits include but are not limited to: home finding trip,
transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses,
destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move,
transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase
assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new
purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our
benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing,
renter's lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale
closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance.
Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may
vary based on position.SALARY RANGE:-------- $73,350 - $95,340
(Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities
of the applicant.)CLOSING DATE:---- This position will remain open
until filled.REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:-------- Treasury Finance
Manager IIESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:--
- Prepare or review monthly and quarterly accounting entries and
account reconciliations for all pension, OPEB, non-qualified
deferred compensation, and accrual transactions, and any others as
- Lead team in understanding and interpreting complex accounting
pronouncements applicable to Treasury related activities.
- Lead or participate in discussions for employee benefit plan
(pension, retiree medical, non-qualified, etc. plans) strategies
including creating and analyzing complex financial modeling
- Provide support and recommendations to the Benefits Committee
and Investment Subcommittee in the execution of their fiduciary
duties by evaluating de-risking options, investment strategies,
opportunities and risks.
- Prepare, analyze and review Form 10Q and 10K financial
disclosures and related audit review requirements, proposing
enhancements to improve content quality and efficiency.
- Manage compliance with internal controls as defined within
Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for Treasury operations.
- Lead annual audit activities of pension and retiree medical
plans along with preparation and filing of Form 5500s.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with partners
across the business as needed to resolve accounting and reporting
issues and other open items, including Accounting, Legal, Human
Resources and other key stakeholders.--
- Maintain and manage custodian accounts.
- Assist in developing rate review strategies, writing testimony
and responding to data requests.
- Coordinate implementation of Treasury initiatives for employee
- Assist in managing relationships with actuaries, trustees and
- Back-up other areas in Treasury as needed.ADDITIONAL
- Support the Company's strategic objectives including our
mission, vision and values.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of
communication both internally and externally.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.EXPERIENCE:--
- 7 or more years in public accounting, corporate finance or
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required,
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree preferred.KNOWLEDGE:--
- Competent level of knowledge related to business and accounting
procedures and methods.
- Extensive knowledge of automated accounting and spreadsheet
software in relationship to financial and operational
- Ability to create complex financial models.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written
- Ability to exercise good business judgment in complex
interrelated business issues.
- Expertise in Microsoft ProductsCERTIFICATIONS/CREDENTIALS:----
- CPA or CFA designation preferred.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions
of the position with or without accommodation.About our Company: We
are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is
devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with
energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse
culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and
possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800
employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility
customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming,
Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).Enjoy our
Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k)
(6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution),
tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO,
military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating
holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid
maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and
competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.The information
contained in this position description describes the general nature
and level of work being performed in this job.-- This description
is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities,
duties, and requirements for employees in this position.-- The
incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and
efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety
regulations.-- This job description is not intended to constitute
an offer or contract of employment.---- Job descriptions may and do
change periodically.Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants
for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work
in the US.We are an EEO Employer.
Keywords: Black Hills Energy, Charleston , Principal Treasury Finance Professional (Relocation to Rapid, Accounting, Auditing , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!