Junior Graphic Designer
Company: Franklin Energy
Posted on: December 4, 2019
We are looking for a collaborative Junior Graphic Designer to aid
in the creation of modern marketing assets and content to support
our corporate brand, our clients and their customers. In this role,
you will gather visual requirements, design graphic elements, and
prepare final artwork for printing and/or distribution. In addition
to the creative team, you will be collaborating closely with the
innovation, program and corporate marketing teams to ensure our
designs are aligned with our client's goals and the company's
overall growth strategy. Ultimately, you'll create both functional
and appealing designs that address our clients' needs and help us
grow our customer base. If you thrive when translating requirements
to elegant, user-focused design, and seek to quickly build your
professional portfolio, this is the job for you.
- Franklin Energy: Franklin Energy delivers flexible energy
efficiency and grid optimization programs that enable utilities to
achieve their highest-priority goals. The company's integrated
in-house services and proven software provide deeper
personalization and insights, acting as a true partner to
utilities. Franklin's NGAGE platform is a scalable end-to-end
technology that seamlessly integrates utility portfolio programs
into a single interface for more efficient management and more
effective customer engagement. The company is celebrating its 25th
year serving the utility industry, with solutions implemented by
more than 1,000 experts in 58 offices across 26 states and
provinces. Franklin Energy's award-winning marketing team includes
nearly 50 digital and foundational marketing experts, located
throughout the Unites States.
- AM Conservation Group: Since 1989, AM Conservation Group has
been the utility industry's leading provider of energy and water
saving products, kits and online stores. We manufacture and
distribute nearly 400 energy efficiency and water conservation
products, which are custom engineered for the unique needs of the
industry and carry ENERGY STAR-- and WaterSense-- certifications.
AM Conservation Group's product lines include the Niagara
Conservation and Simply Conserve product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with
- Create both original graphic designs and also produce designs
based on established templates. Adhere to client and corporate
brand standards in regards to fonts, colors, images and the like.
Accountable for preparing completed materials for pre-press (and
sending them to the centralized printer) and/or digital
- Leverage digital workflow tool, document management system and
other process improvements to increase efficiency of team and
- Responsible for ensuring all best practices and processes are
- Accountable for ensuring work is on brief, on brand, on time
and of the highest quality.
- Responsible for contributing to a positive, creative,
fast-paced and innovative marketing team environment.
- Responsible for creating strong cross-functional relationships
within the innovation, marketing and creative teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
graphic design or related field.
- Digital marketing experience preferred. Certifications and
specialized training a plus.
- 1-3 years related experience, including demonstrated graphic
design work, preferred. Experience may be inclusive of
- Design portfolio requested.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent eye for design, with experience in graphic design
best practices. A portfolio with work that demonstrates graphic
design capabilities is required for this position.
- Strong communication skills.
- Capable of taking feedback and working with stakeholders to
establish and improve approved designs.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a wide variety of work in
a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign,
Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- An understanding of HTML and CSS is a major plus.
- A working knowledge of automated marketing tools such as
HubSpot is strongly preferred. HubSpot certifications, especially
Design and Growth-Driven Design certifications, a major plus.
- Familiarity with digital workflow tools (e.g., Workfront,
InMotion) and digital asset management systems (e.g., Canto)
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver's license
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to
touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles
and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this
The above information describes the general duties and requirements
necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This
shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties
and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Franklin Energy, Charleston , Junior Graphic Designer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!