Posted on: January 16, 2020
Friday, December 6, 2019
The Sales Engineer is responsible for providing technical support
in the areas of planning, design and implementation solutions to
ensure successful customer integration and implementation of
established company networks and products. The Sales Engineer must
partner with our Sales Teams to effectively prospect new business
and support the existing customer base.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the company on customer appointments as the subject
matter expert for hosted IP voice, LAN/WAN technologies, IaaS/DRaaS
and security and/or Ethernet and DWDM.
- Pre-sales network consultation expertise.
- Addressing technical questions from customers and their
vendors, and ensuring the companies' network integrity through
quality design and cost effective solutions.
- Responsible for quoting out elements of the companies' network
utilizing existing tools or create business plans to propose
competitive pricing with sustainable margins.
- Creating network topology diagrams and producing a detailed
project cost summary and project overview documentation, both for
sales as well as for internal Engineering teams.
- Conduct sales and account management training on industry voice
and data products focusing on the companies' competitive product
- Post implementation support related to relationship building,
customer's technical strategy and additional revenue
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, MIS, Telecommunications,
Engineering or equivalent industry experience. Telecommunications
industry certifications preferred (CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, Network
- Minimum of 2-5 years in Telecommunications, Information
Technology or professional level technical/engineering
- Must have working knowledge of voice and data communication
service delivery, IP protocols, and be able to work across a
variety of disciplines.
- Demonstrated expertise in network transport delivery, network
design, as well as with specific product sets such as IP-based
services, Ethernet, Firewall, IaaS/DRaaS, hosted PBX, IP PBX, SIP
Trunking, and PRI.
- Knowledge and experience in cost benefit analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office software,
including Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point.
- General knowledge of Telecommunication industry business
practices, as well as ability to understand process flows. General
understanding of order processing and provisioning.
- A broad telecommunications skill set with experience in one or
more of the following areas is desired - Sales Engineering, Product
Management/Planning, Network Engineering, Transport Engineering,
Network Provisioning, and Operations.
- Excellent analytical, administrative, organizational,
communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
We are proud to be an
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Segra, Charleston , SALES ENGINEER, Engineering , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!