Senior Firewall Engineer
Company: NexGen Data Systems, Inc.
Posted on: February 21, 2021
NexGen Data Systems is seeking an experienced Senior Firewall
Engineer with expertise in engineering and deploying security
platforms within complex LAN environments. The ideal candidate
would be well versed in Cisco or Symantec ProxySG (Formerly Blue
Coat) security platforms, with experience designing new system
functionality with consideration to performance, stability, and
supportability. The candidate will be expected to have a detailed
understanding of large-scale WAN and LAN as they relate to
providing a secure, reliable, fault-tolerant network. The candidate
will join a small team of engineers and work in a collaborative
design and engineering environment. Network certifications such as
CCNA, CCNP, or other vendor-based network certifications is
required. Vendor security certifications such as CCNP Security,
CCIE Security, or PCNSEA are a plus. Roles and
- Design and implement firewall policies using network security
standards and industry best practices.
- Develop transition strategies and implementation plans for the
deployment of new network architecture designs.
- Communicate network architecture designs clearly and
effectively to technical and non-technical decision makers.
- Perform security hardening of network systems and work with
IA/A&A teams to conduct security scans/audits of system
- Develop or contribute to technical documentation including
system design documentation, deployment/build plans, and test
- Deploy designed solution within a testing environment to verify
compliance with security and functional requirements.
- Provide cutover support when solution is deployed in production
environment ("Go Live").Other Duties: Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. It is
expected that any other assigned job duties will be completed.
- 10+ years of direct hands-on development and engineering
experience with Cisco or Palo Alto Firewalls in a midsize to large
environment with emphasis on information security. Experience with
deploying Cisco FirePOWER NGFW with FMC is desired.
- 3+ years of internetworking experience with Routers, Switches,
WAN, LAN, and other internetworking technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in the documentation and diagramming of
complex network environments is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of networking, firewall,
VPN, IPS/IDS, proxy, and modern security principles.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating network equipment against
a set of requirements.
- Experience in the DoD STIG security requirements is
- Ability to communicate technical ideas in a clear, consice
manner to an audience with broad technical background.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a small team environment (team
player) with the skills to complete assigned task independently is
- A strong sense of urgency including self-governance on task
- Attention to detail focus is essentialOther requirements:
- Must be able to support 24/7 operations
- Must meet the requirements to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret
- Commitment to continuous development and improvement
- 8570 compliance (IAT level II) is required and must be obtained
prior to start date (Minimum Security+ and OS certification)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written)
skills About the Company:NexGen Data Systems is an emerging
technologies focused company providing expert systems and network
engineering solutions to the Department of Defense. NexGen Data
Systems promotes a culture of knowledge and career advancement
through continued learning, keeping our team current on the latest
advances in systems and networking, and enabling our team to
provide the best available solutions to our clients. Benefits:
- Company covers 100% of premiums for the employee's medical,
dental, and vision insurance and subsidizes 50% of premiums for
spouse and dependents
- 401(k) match up to 10% of the employee's salary contributions
to 401(K) plan
- Company supplied educational books, resources, and 100% of
certification test costs
- 10 paid holidays and 15 days of paid time off (PTO)All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. NOTE: s and those authorized to work in the US are
encouraged to apply. In order to be qualified for this position,
you must be able to obtain and maintain a United States Department
of Defense (DoD) security clearance. We are unable to sponsor Visas
at this time. NexGen Data Systems provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status,
amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws. - provided by Dice
Keywords: NexGen Data Systems, Inc., Charleston , Senior Firewall Engineer, Engineering , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!