Cloud and Cyber Infrastructure Security Engineer
Company: Electronic Consulting Services, Inc (ECS Federal)
Posted on: February 22, 2021
ECS is seeking a Security Engineer to work in our Charleston, SC
office. Job Description: The candidate will be the technical lead
for standing up, managing and securing agnostic environments within
multiple cloud service providers (O365, ServiceNow, Salesforce,
Azure, AWS and Oracle). In support of Defensive Cyber Operations
(DCO) the candidate will be responsible for aggregating collected
security data ingested into a mixed NoSQL repository.
- Support the development of an enterprise wide security
- Assess network/systems optimizations and vulnerabilities for
executive level decisions.
- Analysis of security services (infrastructure, application,
identity) of existing and planned cloud delivery models (IaaS, PaaS
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of
network, loT, IT, security planning including cloud, network design
and hosting environment implementations.
- Assist in security engineering reviews of solutions, projects
- Certifications Preferred: Sec+, CCNP, and cloud specific
architect certification, or
- The following to be completed within 6 weeks of employment:
- 8570 IAT Level II (minimum Security+)
- OS certification (MCSE or customer required equivalent is
preferred). Required Skills:
- Must have a Top-Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree or higher from accredited
university/technical college in Engineering, Cybersecurity,
Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related scientific
or technical discipline
- Minimum Experience: 8+ years.
- Demonstrate a strong understand of Cybersecurity architecture
- 5+ years of network design and migration experience including
firewalls, routers, appliances and VPNs.
- Experience providing high-level design and architecture
drawings, technically validating solutions and connecting business,
data, security, systems, and other technical and non-technical
- Experience evaluating technical gaps, deficiencies and
obstacles to achieving the organization's vision.
- Experience leading or supporting projects related to IT
architecture, engineering and security operations.
- Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk
identification, and risk mitigation.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and respond to
- Experience with virtualized environments (VMware), Cloud
Service Providers (AWS, Azure) and SaaS platforms (Salesforce,
- Understanding of container deployments and security tools.
- Experience with NoSQL DBs and non-structured data types (aka.
Spunk and Elasticsearch).
- 5+ years with enterprise Linux administration.
- Experience with Windows server administration, Active Directory
and core Windows services.
- Able to perform light programming/scripting to support
- Up to 10% Travel May be required
- Relocation desired but not required Desired Skills:
- Understanding of key IT/Cybersecurity concepts (network
security, security operations & administration, incident response &
recovery, identity and access management, vulnerability management,
- Experience with SIEM, SOAR and endpoint protection tools.
- Understanding of Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
(IDS, IPS) and Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- Understanding of Unclassified and Classified Government
- Experience supporting RMF/NIST/FedRAMP accreditation and
assessment of systems.
- Experience implementing STIG requirements for Microsoft and
Linux operating systems, services and applications.
- Familiarity with DevSecOps concepts and approaches.
- Experience with shell scripting such as Bash, Perl, Ruby and
- Configuration automation experience such as Puppet, Chef,
Ansible and Teraform.
- Experience with data technologies such as NiFi, Elastic, Splunk
and Kafka. ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability,
veteran status or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for
minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. ECS is a leading
mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States
Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose.
Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical
talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US
Government to serve, protect and defend the American People. -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Electronic Consulting Services, Inc (ECS Federal), Charleston , Cloud and Cyber Infrastructure Security Engineer, Engineering , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!