Service Technicians - Multiple Terminals in Port of Charleston
Company: Terminal Investment Corporation
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Sign-On Bonus - Service Technicians - Multiple Terminals in Port
of Charleston SUMMARY A Service Technician ensures that all TICO
terminal tractors and trailers are maintained according to company
standards. The daily goal is to provide leased equipment that is
optimally functional, clean, and void of all safety-related defects
to satisfy the customer's needs. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: Use of basic hand tools such as screwdrivers,
pliers, wrenches, socket, as well as company provided power tools
such as pneumatic wrenches, torque wrenches, jacks, hoists, etc. to
perform routine/minor maintenance and repair of vehicles and
equipment. *Candidate must provide their own basic hand tools*
- Complete all daily tasks assigned by the Operations
- Assist in setting up and dispatching vehicles/ equipment to
- Follow Company service procedures and safety practices and
utilize checklists to provide safe and optimally functioning
equipment for customer operation.
- Perform regular inspections of equipment for safety compliance,
damage, and maintenance-related defects.
- Immediately report damaged equipment to the Operations Manager
- Refer major repairs and defects to a Maintenance Mechanic using
standard Company reporting methods
- Replace pneumatic/air tires daily as well as solid rubber tires
on an as-needed basis
- Recover disabled equipment.
- Clean equipment regularly to maintain sanitation and
- Inspect and add fluids such as oil, coolant, DEF, gasoline,
diesel, and hydraulic fluid on all equipment to ensure optimum
- Document work hours, vehicle/equipment rental hours, parts
utilized, and work performed.
- Additional duties may include: -Drive company automobile or
service trucks to industrial or other sites to provide services
-Cleaning up any fluid spills -Responding to accidents involving
TICO equipment to inspect and report any damages or injuries.
- Other duties may be assigned. Training is provided on all the
above-listed job aspects. This includes a 90-day probationary
period where you will be teamed up with an experienced employee. We
offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their
families which includes health, dental, vision, disability and life
insurance, 401K, vacation and paid holidays. TICO is a Drug-Free
Workplace. To learn more about TICO, visit our website at
www.ticotractors.com.Salary: . Date posted: 11/13/2021
Keywords: Terminal Investment Corporation, Charleston , Service Technicians - Multiple Terminals in Port of Charleston, Engineering , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!