Manufacturing Engineer - HDP5 Assembly
Company: Bosch Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to
400,000 associates who make products that are "Invented for
Life."The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the
Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe
and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference
and delight our global customers by creating state of the art
products.Over the past five years we have contributed over 1
million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and
environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch
Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with
our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism.
There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will
join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
- Identify, specify, order, and implement new equipment and
processes in cooperation with German lead plant to meet future
product / production demands.
- Develop and maintain strategies using lean manufacturing
principles for equipment design, workplace layouts, labor, and
material flow to meet strategic goals.
- Create and maintain manufacturing documentation and quality
plans according to company standards (including process flow
diagrams, control plans, PFMEA, PQIs, process control
documentation, standard work instructions, etc---).
- Effectively implement / coordinate engineering changes, new
manufacturing / product releases, and capacity increases including
PPAP preparation and build.
- Investigate and solve root causes of manufacturing process
- Identify and lead projects to improve cost, quality, delivery,
utilization, and safety of manufacturing processes in order to meet
key metrics within the workshop.
- Apply BPS principles to the value stream to support product
team, CIP, and plant goals.
- Support department and MFE team as FMEA Moderator, including
making timely updates to FMEA and Control Plans with input from
relevant MFE process owner.
- Coordinate engineering changes for department and MFE team as
both initiator and approver while protecting the business needs of
- Coordinate audit activities including preparation for,
completion of, and closing of open points stemming from an internal
or external audit.
- Plan upcoming releases by participating as manufacturing
contact in planning meetings, preparing RFQ feedback, coordinating
required builds and line preparation with department and MFE
- Plan and execute capital equipment (MAE) acquisition and
installation, including initial justification, quotation, MAR
process, pre-acceptance/final acceptance/safe launch.
- Support department and MFE team with concession process
including preparation of supporting documents, writing and routing
- Lead daily management of area using MES and other
analytics/data to support production, meet targets and derive
measures to continuously improve performance.
- Perform additional assignments as needed.
- BS degree in an engineering field
- Production experience preferred
- High level of teamwork and self-initiative.
- Ability to teach and work with all levels of the
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
in a dynamic environment.
- Effective root cause analysis and problem identification /
- Discipline and consistency regarding adherence to established
company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Experience using lean manufacturing principles.
- Willing to occasionally travel nationally and internationally
for training and supplier visits as required.
- Good written and oral communication skills including
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic
- Good interpersonal project management skills.
- Ability to clearly summarize and recommend alternative ideas
addressing complex issues.
- Highly organized self-starter and use good judgment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Technical detail-oriented.
- Active team player
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected
Veteran/Disabled.BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science,
Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and
- AWIM (A World In Motion)Indefinite U.S. work authorized
individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization
Keywords: Bosch Group, Charleston , Manufacturing Engineer - HDP5 Assembly, Engineering , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!