Diesel Truck Mechanic - Up to $40/hr. plus Shift Premium
Company: Republic Services
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Call Jenny (855) 877-4829 to learn more about our
POSITION SUMMARY: With direct supervision from a Lead Technician,
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Maintenance
Technician A performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and
non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to,
chassis components; refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic,
and electrical systems; air brake systems; general engine work;
HVAC components; and suspension, drive train and steering systems.
Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with
state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run
their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced
vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day.
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment.
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry.
- Be recognized for exceptional performance.
- Serve your community and your customers.
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth.
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits.
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your
environment, and your world.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of, and strong skill proficiency
in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability
to perform complex repair maintenance functions, both on-site and
on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical
systems; Air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning systems.
- Line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy-duty
- Ability to perform inspections and repairs without supervision
in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or
automotive systems: Suspensions & Steering, General Engine,
Transmissions, Brakes, Electrical, Hydraulics, Drive Train, Diesel
- ASE Heavy Truck Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not
- LNG and/or CNG experience is a plus but not required.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver's License is a plus but not
- Valid Driver's License.
***SIGN ON BONUS***
1st and 2nd Shift available
Quarterly Tool Allowance
Eligible for benefits after 60 days
Please click APPLY BELOW and complete the short application that
follows. You are still welcome to call Jenny with any questions at
Keywords: Republic Services, Charleston , Diesel Truck Mechanic - Up to $40/hr. plus Shift Premium, Engineering , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!