Solutions Engineer, Faith and Nonprofit
Posted on: September 11, 2018
About Blackbaud:Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them.About the role:We're looking for exceptional candidates to join our fast-paced, high-energy Solution Engineering team. The Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting Blackbaud's solutions in a compelling and valued-based approach to prospects and customers as a part of the sales process. To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and sales skills, including the ability to discover business requirements, prescribe comprehensive solutions, and demonstrate the technology that will addresses these requirements. This Solutions Engineer will work within the Faith and/or Nonprofit market, supporting our customers and prospects across the US and Canada. Strong preference for individuals with experience working with our fundraising and marketing solutions, with an ability and desire to learn and support our new cloud solutions.What you'll do:
- Partner with Account Executives to provide customer-facing consultation in the support of direct sales pursuits of Blackbaud solutions
- Maintain and improve in-depth technical understanding of multiple Blackbaud solutions
- Assist with sales pursuits for our mid-market customers and prospects
- Develop an expertise in a specific vertical market as well as our competitors in that market
- Occasionally lead discovery and initial requirements gathering sessions with customers and prospects, translating key pain points into solution opportunities
- Prepares and delivers standard solution demonstrations for virtual or in-person meetings with customers, tailored based on key pain points uncovered in discovery
- Prescribe packaged implementation or consulting offerings based on customer needs
- Assist with gathering and documenting requirements for custom Services solutions
- Recommend partner products and services to match customer requirements
- Answer a variety of functional and technical questions from customers funneled through the sales team
- Provide functional and technical responses to customer RFPs, RFIs and other direct requirements
- Deliver regularly scheduled sales seminars (virtual and in-person), may represent Blackbaud and our solutions at conferences, user groups, or other Marketing eventsWhat we'll want you to have:
- Experience working with Faith organizations strongly preferred, including church management solutions.
- Prior knowledge or experience working with Blackbaud products also strongly preferred, particularly Raiser's Edge NXT and Luminate Online.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication
- Experience developing and delivering presentations both to executive-level and working-level audiences
- Ability to translate technical features into business benefits
- Analytical and a knack for problem solving, with high attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree
- Willingness to travel occasionally (up to 20%) in support of sales pursuits and Marketing eventsWhy you'll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes' Fast Tech 25 and Fortune's Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, caf--, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook. Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Blackbaud, Charleston , Solutions Engineer, Faith and Nonprofit, Engineering , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!