Network Security Firewall Engineer
Company: Electronic Consulting Services
Posted on: June 13, 2019
ECS is seeking a Network Security Firewall Engineer to work in our
Charleston, SC office.
The Network Security Firewall Engineer will configure, monitor and
maintain network security equipment including, access control lists
(ACLs), layer 3 and 4 firewalls, and layer 4-7 application-aware
* Skill in implementation of physical and virtual firewalls.
* Experience with Remedy trouble ticketing system.
* A thorough understanding of how applications communicate over the
network using source and destination IP addresses, ports and
* Ability to analyze network security requirements and implement
perimeter security changes.
* Serve as a subject matter expert in coordinating and
troubleshooting with customers, other infrastructure support
activities and business units.
* Develop network documentation of security infrastructure.
* Troubleshooting a variety of products within a multi-vendor
* Monitor network performance and implement performance tuning as
* Utilize industry best practices for security, disaster recovery,
business continuity, change control, the engineer will design,
configure, manage and troubleshoot a variety of network firewall
* Associates degree in computer science or a related technical
field or equivalent experience plus 3-5 years experience in a
network engineering or telecommunication environment
* Must have an Active Secret Clearance
* OS certification requirement and 8570 Requirement: IAT Level II
(One of CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security + CE or
* Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls
* IP network sustainment & troubleshooting skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in large scale enterprise network rollout and
* Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with
technical and non-technical personnel.
* Manage firewall and network security systems by establishing and
enforcing approved policies.
* Ability to research and verify ports, protocol and services (PPS)
for security compliance.
* Participate in team meetings to keep everyone up to date on
* Submit timely and complete weekly/monthly reports
* Applicants have experience with intrusion detection systems, VPN
technologies, vulnerability assessment tools, event and log
analysis solutions, configuration and change management and other
network security systems and devices.
* Some experience scripting with Python, Java, and or Perl
* Applicants will also be familiar with government information
assurance standards including DISA STIGs, NIST 800-53, IAVAs
management, auditing and accreditation processes.
* Experience designing and deploying network solutions in
* Basic experience with packet capture and analysis
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or
allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender,
age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or
any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled
persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the
United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values
and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing
their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and
Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the
Keywords: Electronic Consulting Services, Charleston , Network Security Firewall Engineer, Engineering , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!