Company: ORR Protection
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Account Manager - Fire Protection Sales
ORR Corporation formed from the trunk of Clark Orr Sr. s car when
he began selling safety equipment more than 70 years ago. The
company has since expanded, now encompassing ORR Safety, ORR
Protection and Inspection Logic. Today, we support more than 500
employees across 28 locations nationwide but we still maintain the
principles of safety, family and integrity that we were built
ORR Protection has emerged as one of the fastest growing and most
progressive fire protection companies in the country. At ORR, we re
dedicated to providing protection for people, property and the
environment. Read more about our company culture
The Account Manager will focus on closing the sale of ORR
Protection s related fire protection services, systems and
solutions to new and existing clients to ORR in the Charleston, SC
and surrounding market area. This effort will involve identifying,
pursuing, qualifying, and closing potential clients while
identifying and providing cost effective solutions. This is a
remote reporting, work-from-home position. If you have experience
in the fire protection industry, strong prospecting and networking
skills, proven ability to close, along with excellent communication
and inter-personal skills, let s talk!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All team members must embody the company mission to provide
protection for people, property, and the environment in all aspects
of their job.
- Identify prospects that match the profile of ORR Protection in
the Data Center, Industrial, telecomm, power generation and
- Generate and follow up on leads by making contact with prospects
and creating interest in ORR s offerings.
- Communicate and interact with business decision makers at all
levels to identify needs and requirements as well as market
- Lead and move prospects through the sales cycle
- Perform proposal and contract review activities as required.
- Negotiate and close sales that vary in contract length and fee
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent education, required.
- Bachelor s degree, preferred.
- 5-10 years of sales experience in fire alarm/suppression or
related industry, required;
- Related industries would include construction, building control,
and other services within mission-critical environments.
- Responsible for booking between $2-$3 million in installation or
service contracts per year.
- Experience working in Salesforce or similar CRM software,
- Proven track record of being successful in elements of a
consultative sales role.
- NICET, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge in Fire Alarm systems, Special Hazards Suppression
Systems, and other related fire systems.
- Ability to identify potential leads and close sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word,
- Ability to work in a CRM system and accurately track
- Strong time management skills.
- Cost accounting/ budgeting skills.
- All associates are required to pass a drug screen, background
check and motor vehicle report.
ONCE YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU LL GET TO ENJOY:
- Working for a company where the associates are viewed as the
company s greatest asset.
- Being part of something you can be proud of making a difference
in the health and wellness of people and our planet.
- A growing company with a first class reputation in our respective
- A culture that is fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial.
- A company that offers a focus on work life balance and
encouragement to make a big impact.
- A caring group of associates with a commitment to make the
communities we work in better for all.
- Excellent benefits including 401(K), health, life, dental,
tuition reimbursement and numerous perks such as training and
Equal Opportunity Employer / Vet / Disabled
Keywords: ORR Protection, Charleston , Account Manager, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!