Senior Systems Engineer, Asset & Configuration Management
Posted on: August 28, 2020
About the role:
As a Senior Systems Engineer focused on Configuration Management,
you will be responsible for the engineering, design, and
implementation of ServiceNow Discovery, and the maintenance and
health of the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
This includes leveraging all ServiceNow's IT Operations Management
(ITOM) and IT Asset Management (ITAM) capabilities, including
Service Mapping, implementation of best practices using
ServiceNow's Common Service Data Model (CSDM), as well as Asset
Management and Software Asset Management.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive improvements in configuration management processes and
ServiceNow device discovery by leveraging industry standards and
- Improve and ensure accuracy of CMDB inventory, and support
improvements and automation with ServiceNow Discovery.
- Developing and maintaining discovery patterns to expand on
out-of-the-box ServiceNow Discovery capabilities.
- Collaborate with network, system, and application Subject
Matter Experts (SMEs), to assist in solving discovery gaps.
- Design and model business services in the CMDB using
ServiceNow's Common Service Data Model (CSDM).
- Implement Service Mapping to support end to end relationships
of business services and capabilities.
- Collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders to
build out a mature asset lifecycle management function, with
processes and workflows that align with industry standards and best
- Ensure strict compliance to, and adherence of, security
standards, enhance audit capabilities and protect the integrity of
customer and constituent data.
- Leverage and/or develop integrations with other platforms and
What we'll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or 8+ years of work
experience or equivalent project experience required.
- Experience with ServiceNow's ITOM and ITAM solutions, including
CMDB, Discovery and Asset Management capabilities, as well as
working knowledge of ITIL.
- Experience in systems engineering and operations in large
enterprise computing environments, including working knowledge of
Windows and Linux, both physical and virtual, as well as a good
understanding of networking and storage concepts.
- Experience creating or modifying scripts or automation, such as
Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or similar for cloud
- Experience working with public cloud technologies such as
Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed to provide tactical
response for production impacting incidents or key customer
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive
salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K
match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities
to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs
like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for
Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and
AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are
rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on
teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous
company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working
environments in all of our offices around the world, including;
North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies
to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in
Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn
Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin,
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by
federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Blackbaud, Charleston , Senior Systems Engineer, Asset & Configuration Management, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!