Weekend Clinical Manager
Company: Kindred At Home
Posted on: January 7, 2021
I believe that better care begins at home.Compassionate care,
uncompromising service and clinical excellence - that's what our
patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home,
a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation's leading
provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical
home care services.Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers
compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their
homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal
assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and
palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to
deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients
and their families.The Weekend Clinical Manager is responsible for
the receipt, input, review, and completion of allreferrals and
calls dispatched during the weekend. They will discuss patient
needs and expectationswith patient and family and/or physician and
are responsible for assuming compliance to regulatorystandards and
Kindred and Home policies and procedures as well as the
coordination of care andsupervision of the patient care.Essential
- Directly, or in coordination with Central Intake, responsible
for Referral Intake and Management to ensure that clients receive
assessment visits and that these visits are scheduled and performed
- Review orders as they appear on the action screen. Approve or
decline as appropriate.
- Enter and approve all orders for tracking purposes and route to
Medical Records to be sent for physician signature. Ensure any
corrections are made by the Licensed Professional who wrote the
order prior to approving the order. Update the client's medication
profile and schedule as applicable via the order. Ensure all orders
that address frequency have appropriate calendar modification
- Enter detailed Non-Admit information into HCHB in coordination
notes if no visit was made. Ensure the Branch Director approved the
- Be available for all calls received during hours of
- Answers calls and determines the needs of the patient and
- Resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Informs appropriate team member of actions taken and follow-up
needed during those hours designated as on-call hours.
- Reassesses patient needs and updates/revises Plan of Care as
- Assures patient safety is maintained at all times.
- Verifies physician orders and verbal orders.Accurately
documents observation of patients, interventions and evaluation on
the day of services rendered.
- May need to develops Plan of Care on assigned cases for
admissions or justification of continuous care.
- May be required to complete review of evaluation packets, OASIS
and 485s. Review both thedata submitted via the Mobile Device and
via paper to ensure accuracy and follow up on anydocumentation
requires correction. Process the OASIS and 485; verify the correct
start of caredate and episode date range in HCHB. Process any
unlisted supplies, medications, activity,functional limitations,
allergies, etc. that appear on the action screen.Required Skills
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of professional
nursing and hold an active RN license. Must have an RN license in
the State of employment
- At least one (1) year experience in acute hospital or
comparable (with administrative/managerial approval) setting.
- Minimum of two (2) years home care experience , with 1 year of
nursing supervisor or administrative experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare regulations preferred.
- Self motivated, assertive and organized.
- Expected to work Monday - Friday.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
skills. Must read, write and speakfluent English.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration.
- Ability to organize tasks, develop action plans, set priorities
and function under stressfulsituations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their
family members and at all levels ofthe organization.
- Maintains current licensure certifications and meets mandatory
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains current and accurate records in accordance with
policies and procedures, Federal,State and local guidelines.
- Protects the integrity of the organization, patients and
co-workers by maintaining confidentialityof all patient records and
- Maintains a safe work environment to minimize risk to patients
and staff by complying with allSafety/Risk/OSHA policies and
- Maintains and contributes to the efficiency of operations by
consistentlyRequired ExperienceAll qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national
origin.To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll
Keywords: Kindred At Home, Charleston , Weekend Clinical Manager, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!