Director of Donor Engagement
Company: Planned Parenthood South Atlantic
Posted on: January 9, 2021
For a century, Planned Parenthood has been one of the nation's
leading providers of excellent, affordable health care for women,
men, and young people, and the nation's largest provider of sex
education. Planned Parenthood health centers provide contraception,
testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, and
lifesavings cancer screenings. We serve women, men, and young
people from every community and income level. Our work has staying
power. We serve our communities with non-judgmental, compassionate
care, no matter what their circumstances.The Director of Donor
Engagement is a leadership position within Development. The
Director of Donor Engagement is responsible for creating and
implementing key strategies and initiatives for donor engagement,
recognition, and stewardship for both individual and corporate
donor groups. They work independently to lead the Donor Engagement
team, other Planned Parenthood South Atlantic (PPSAT) staff, and
volunteers in planning, coordinating, and executing donor
stewardship activities. The Director of Donor Engagement will work
closely with the Vice President for Development on creating the
strategic direction and focus for the donor engagement and
stewardship team. They will also collaborate with the Senior
Director of Philanthropy and Director of Development Operations and
Programs to ensure excellent and seamless coordination of the
internal and external donor stewardship efforts of PP South
Atlantic.The preferred location for this position is South Carolina
but with consideration it may be based out of Raleigh, Durham,
and/or Chapel Hill, North Carolina.Essential Functions:
- Serve as a senior member of the department's staff with the
primary responsibility for advancing the affiliate's donor
engagement program: create and execute engaging donor events that
build and deepen relationships with supporters, boost the Planned
Parenthood brand, and contribute to the overall fundraising efforts
- Establish and maintain timetables and budgets for the Donor
- Manage the Donor Engagement team, which includes three
Associate Directors of Donor Engagement. Responsible to recruit and
hire, set and measure challenging objectives, provide feedback, and
mentor team members to deliver their best performance.
- Coordination and stewardship of volunteer leadership and
management of vendor relationships.
- Lead the effort in creating operational plans for this function
across the affiliate service.
- Identify and solicit donors and prospects as necessary and
- Develop event and communication strategies to support event
sponsorship activities, awards or recognition and visibility
opportunities in collaboration with appropriate affiliate partners
and others throughout the year.
- Work collaboratively to provide strategic input and/or
leadership (when needed) for all activities that support high
quality interactions with donors including: donor recognition
correspondence, campaign collateral, fundraising and cultivation
events, direct mail, database, and other stewardship activities
related to our donors.
- Develop event and communication strategies to support event
- Devise, implement, and manage effective, creative, and often
original strategies designed to individually and systematically
interest, engage, and secure a wide range of key prospects to meet
or exceed divisional, departmental, and affiliate funding
- Participate on cross-functional teams and be a member of the
development leadership team.
- Work with the Development Operations and Program team to
collaborate on management of database events module,
communications, direct mails, and volunteer communications.
- Research and recommend adoption of appropriate new products and
strategies for donor engagement.
- Leads fundraising by events to maximize profitability,
supporter engagement and recruitment, and to reflect well on the
Planned Parenthood brand. Meet fiscal year Development Department's
donor engagement goals.
- Share responsibility for the strategic planning, development,
and implementation of the division's goals in collaboration with
the Vice President for Development, Senior Director of Development,
Directors of Philanthropy, Director of Development Operations and
Programs and affiliate team members as needed, and other senior
- Share responsibility with the Vice President for Development
and other affiliate staff for staffing relevant boards and
committees, and in providing guidance and training in development
and solicitation techniques.
- Work closely with the Vice President for Development to develop
and implement annual and long-term donor engagement strategies to
raise funds, build relationships, and increase visibility.
- Assist the Vice President for Development in maintaining a
strong team spirit within the division.
- Assist with strategic planning, budget development, and
internal structures and processes.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by following through
on tasks, taking initiative, working with the team and identifying
- Adhere to affiliate policies and procedures including meetings
and training requirements, ensuring punctuality and attendance, and
following personnel policies.Education, Experience, and Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in related field from accredited college or
university plus 4-6 years' financial development and events
management experience or 8 years related experience in lieu of
- Minimum one year management/supervisory experience.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal personal skills and work well
with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Must be able to work independently, as part of a team and have
strong team-building skills and ability to prioritize with minimal
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Set and measures challenging objectives for self and others;
gives evidence-based feedback that helps others to excel.
- Makes decisions based on a range of internal and external
factors and long-term impact; consults widely across
- Analyze objectives, considers options, plans and manages
appropriately; holds self and team accountable for achieving
- Master's degree in related field preferred or 10 years related
experience in lieu of degree.
- Five to seven year's related experience preferred.
- CFRE certificate preferred.Salary:
- Starting annual salary within range of $59,300.00 - $71,400.00
commensurate with experience.
- The position is benefits eligible.PPSAT prioritizes protecting
our candidates, staff and patients and we are still HIRING. We are
strong, supportive, and always thinking about the safest ways we
can contribute to the community by providing jobs when people need
them the most. Please know that our clinics are OPEN and our staff
are providing patients with excellent care due to the use of
Telehealth. We are also adhering to all of the recommendations by
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in order to provide
Care No Matter What.Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal
opportunity employer.A complete application includes a cover letter
and resume.No phone calls please.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood South Atlantic, Charleston , Director of Donor Engagement, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!