Chief Medical Officer/Family Physician (Near Charleston) (Physician #)
Company: ARCH Placement Services
Location: Mc Clellanville
Posted on: February 21, 2021
- Provide direct patient care
- Functions as the clinical leader for all ambulatory health and
primary care services. Provide clinical oversight and direction to
all clinical support services, including lab, pharmacy, behavioral
health, specialty services, and related functional areas.
- Ensures that the mission and goals of the organization are
realized through the professional and effective delivery of
integrated health care solutions. PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES Achieve
- Directly effect improvements in patient well-being through
accurate and timely diagnosis and delivery of relevant, high
quality medical care. Ensure the delivery of competent, accurate,
medical care and treatment to all patients as assigned.
- Lead and direct the development, implementation, and monitoring
of quality medical care services, programs and initiatives. Ensure
that the delivery of all health care meets or exceeds:
- the needs and satisfaction of all patients served
- all organizational and professional standards
- all clinical outcomes and related expectations
- all productivity standards, goals, and expectations
- all financial metrics associated with the efficient, cost
effective delivery of health care services.
- Lead and direct the organization's quality improvement
initiatives. Ensure metrics for clinical outcomes are consistently
reviewed, and that the organization is provided clear guidance and
direction affecting ongoing improvements in the quality of
- Manage and direct all ancillary clinical services. Ensure all
clinical services functions achieve expected clinical,
productivity, and financial outcomes.
- Manage all functional areas within budgeted guidelines.
- Personally provide care to patients, as feasible. Collaborate
with all clinic operations functions to ensure ongoing improvements
in clinic productivity, patient satisfaction, and financial
- Provide leadership and direction related to clinical
collaboratives, studies, programs, or research related initiatives
that improve the lives of our patients as well as the communities
in which they live. Operational Excellence
- Ensure all medical staff members are properly contracted,
qualified, directed, and motivated to provide patients high quality
services and care.
- Ensure all patient records, charts, and all related
documentation is maintained current and consistent with best
practices in the health care field, as well as within all relevant
laws and regulations. Ensure the organization meets or exceeds all
governmental, regulatory and accreditation standards in all areas
of day to day operations.
- Provide advice and counsel to all clinical personnel on matters
related to clinical care, patient grievances and related issues.
Minimize risk and exposures to the organization by monitoring
trends, managing issued, coaching staff, and ensuring compliance
with all clinical protocols and QA guidelines. Relationship
- Manage and ensure favorable relationship within the
organization's leadership team. Provide leadership, insights,
solutions, and support to all other functions with the
- Manage and ensure favorable, collaborative relationships within
and among all clinical staff. Develop a culture of health care
professionals open and willing to accept an integrated approach to
the delivery of services.
- Manage and ensure favorable relationships with the Bureau of
Primary Health, HRSA, local and state health departments, other
accreditation and related resources vital to the organization's
- Establish positive working relationships with area hospitals,
clinics, physicians and specialists, regulatory bodies and related
organizations. Ensure the organization maintains a strong provider
and referral network of hospitals, physicians, and ancillary
providers able to meet the medical needs of patients served.
- Develop a favorable reputation for the organization. Develop
effective working relationships within the local health care
community as well as with third party insurance resources. Minimize
conflict, maximize services, and ensure patients treated through
our clinics are done so consistent with the requirements set forth
by those through whom they are insured. Leadership and
- Ensure the organization is appropriately staffed with a full
complement of clinical staff. Foster a workplace that results in
the development of a high performing team of professionals and
staff. Ensure that all staff are properly coached and directed, and
that clearly defined measurements of performance and rewards are
utilized to enhance individual and organizational
- Personally, and at all times, uphold and ensure all associates
conduct themselves at all times in a manner consistent with the
organization's values, mission, policies, and expectations.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Education
- Licensed to practice medicine in the states in which
- M.D. or D.O., Board certification preferred
- Additional advanced degree in business, public health,
healthcare administration or related field of study preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading and directing a clinical staff
of comparable size and scope.
- Demonstrated expertise related to trends and issues, laws and
regulations associated with the delivery of primary health care
- Demonstrated success in establishing a wide range of business
and professional relationships.
- Demonstrated success in selecting and developing, motivating
and directing high performing teams.
- Experience managing or practicing in clinical services.
- Capacity to envision and develop clinical programs consistent
with health center mission and a publicly operated care delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and risk management
standards and processes.
- Familiarity and experience with standards and processes
established by PCMH, NCQA, CMS, review processes and regulatory
- Knowledge of federal regulations governing clinical staff.
- Knowledge of credentialing process, delineation of clinical
privileges and peer review. Physical/Environmental
- Normal accessibility and mobility throughout the region
- Normal overtime/extended work hours.
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: ARCH Placement Services, Charleston , Chief Medical Officer/Family Physician (Near Charleston) (Physician #), Executive , Mc Clellanville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!