Oncology Territory Manager, Supportive Care - Charleston, SC
Company: Daiichi Sankyo
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Oncology Territory Manager, Supportive Care - Charleston, SC in
Charleston, SC at DSI Job DescriptionJoin a Legacy of Innovation
110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of
innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care
and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by
leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than
100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20
countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world
draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of
promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong
portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the
Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with
Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily
focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other
research areas centered around rare diseases and immune
The Oncology Territory Manager is a position that reports to the
District Manager and is responsible for attaining territory goals
by successfully selling Branded products to the customer base. All
requirements with regards to territory management should be
accomplished on a timely basis. Develop strong relationships with
the customer and become a resource. Communicate with the District
Manager on a regular basis and discuss issues and opportunities.
Represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
Calls on health care professionals in assigned sales territory and
communicates product advantages, features and benefits. Achieves or
exceeds sales objectives through promotion of product features and
benefits to our key accounts: Hospitals, Infusion Centers,
Nephrologists, Hematologists, Hospitalist, PCPs/IMs, Bloodless
Surgery, buying groups, distributors and wholesalers in assigned
territory. As a secondary base, Cardiologists, Endocrinologists,
- Builds relationships with our customer base and key opinion
leaders by personally visiting them, educating and influencing
physicians and healthcare providers to prescribe Daiichi Sankyo
promoted products. Communicates products approved indications,
advantages, features and benefits in both individual and group
- Analyzes customer needs and interests.
- Complies with applicable laws in providing healthcare providers
with accurate information concerning Daiichi Sankyo Products.
- Participates in assigned training and completing outside
reading. Keeps abreast of the products, applications, technical
service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising,
and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature
and consulting with colleagues.
- Serves as a disease state expert and provides a high level of
product expertise and customer service for all accounts.
- Carries out all sales and marketing programs.
- Maintains all equipment and territorial records in the
- Utilizes sales force automation system and other equipment to
enhance impact of sales call and territory management.
- Maintains a current key customer target list, submits regular
updates to the customer database and plans calls to meet
- Submits complete reports, on-time, and communicates matters
that are relevant to the marketplace, competition and the marketing
team to the District Manager.
- Reviews territorial reports with District Manager and learns
how to use reports and databases as instruments to achieve assigned
- Notifies the Medical Affairs Department immediately of any
product complaints as per SOP 805.21, 'Reporting Adverse Events
(AEs) and Product Quality Complaints (PQCs).'
- Notifies the Pharmacovigilance Department immediately of any
adverse events as per SOP 805.21, 'Reporting Adverse Events (AEs)
and Product Quality Complaints (PQCs).'
- Attends and participates in all required meetings and training
- Maintains frequent correspondence with District Managers.
- Maintains correspondence with co-promotion team members, to
manage co-promotion responsibilities.Qualifications:
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below
with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an
accredited college or university.
- 3 or more years of sales/marketing experience in the
pharmaceutical or medical industry required.
- 2 or more years of specialty, rare disease, and/or oncology
experience strongly preferred.
- Experience selling in complex environments preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.Must be
able to travel approximately 40% to 60%.
Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Candidates with Disabilities Who Require
Assistance Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation
in job application procedures for qualified individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability that
inhibits your ability to apply for a position through our online
application process or you otherwise need accommodation in
connection with the recruiting process due to a disability, you may
use the alternative methods described below to contact us about
your interest in Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. and/or to request an
accommodation. Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
211 Mt. Airy Road Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-2311
Attn: Staffing Dept. By Phone: Phone: 908-992-6400 Equal
Opportunity Employment Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity
/ affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Daiichi Sankyo, Charleston , Oncology Territory Manager, Supportive Care - Charleston, SC, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!