Government Accounting and Compliance Director
Company: Fox Rehabilitation
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Government Accounting and Compliance Director Location: South
Carolina City/Town: Charleston Job Code: 1668 # of Openings: 1
Description Government Accounting & Compliance Director Charleston,
SC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure company's compliance with FAR, CAS, GAAP and internal
policies and procedures.
- Oversee government accounting and compliance matters across the
- Preparation and negotiation of incurred cost proposals
- Maintenance of all CAS disclosure statements.
- Submission and audit support of CAS cost impact proposals.
- Manages all government compliance projects.
- Company liaison for DCAA and DCMA supporting audits and
inquiries related to, disclosure statements, incurred cost
proposals and cost impacts.
- Support special projects including evaluating the impact of
potential mergers and acquisitions to the company for compliance
with FAR and CAS.
- Demonstrate expertise in successfully managing DCAA
(government) audits from ICS submission through negotiating final
indirect rates with government stakeholders. Experience with other
government audits such as DCAA floor checks, business systems, CAS
and post award is a plus.
- Ensure business excellence is maintained by managing and
participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention,
and development of the required professional talent.
- Works closely with Pricing, Project Control, Contracts,
Purchasing and Accounting to maintain consistent and compliant
practices across the organization.
- Provides guidance and counsel to CFO regarding internal control
aspects of policies and procedures.
- Experience with designing indirect rate structures to
incorporate the strategic vision of the company that maximize cost
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business
is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring
work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required. Job
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in accounting, finance,
or related discipline and 8-12 years of progressively complex
experience in finance/accounting with at least ten of those years
in management. Must have experience in a commercial or government
contractor environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in
lieu of education.
- An MBA in accounting or finance, CPA, large government
contractor or major accounting firm experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Requires a detailed and extensive application of government
finance/accounting management principles and practices, including
thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR),
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Cost Accounting
- Must demonstrate comprehensive accounting management and
leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and
coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones
- Ability to resolve complex management and accounting problems;
serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be an expert
in one or more accounting management areas, is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Unanet experience is preferred.
- Self-starter with strong communication, leadership,
presentation, and interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Ability to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team
environment, and able to work extended hours is preferred.
- Ability to function independently, meet deadlines and achieve
- Experience presenting, negotiating and problem-solving complex
concepts with a wide variety of internal and external
- Demonstrated flexible approach to work, an understanding of
working collaboratively on a team, and the willingness to be an
active and supportive member of a cross-functional team.
- Must be US Citizen ORBIS offers an excellent benefits package
and competitive salary in a professional atmosphere.
Keywords: Fox Rehabilitation, Charleston , Government Accounting and Compliance Director, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!