Program Management Director
Company: Aspen Technology, Inc.
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The driving force behind our success has always been the people
of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and
ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle,
challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You
will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in
many ways - from a rich set of career development programs to
support of community service projects to social events that foster
fun and relationship building across our global community.The
RoleThe Program Management Director in the Integration Management
Office (IMO) will play a key role in continuing to develop and
mature the AspenTech acquisition integration methodology, tools and
technology. As a key leader in the IMO office this role will
support development of corporate integration methodology, driving
consistency in functional diligence and integration planning at the
functional workstream level, coordinating across the enterprise in
execution of integration plans, ensuring delivery to the stated
acquisition goals and outcomes, establish and track metrics and
kpi's reporting their status via dashboards. For each new M&A
project, the Program Management Director as a key member of the IMO
will advise on integration strategy, support the functional leaders
in performing diligence, assessing integration costs, developing
detailed integration plans, orchestrating Day 1, and managing and
tracking functional integration and synergy execution post
This individual must be able to effectively manage change and
coordinate across all corporate functions. Must be able to
coordinate with all groups to build detailed project plans, manage
risk, and ensure delivery on stated business objectives for
acquisition integration or corporate initiatives. This person will
create and maintain weekly updates of schedule progress for each
acquisition. This position will initially be remote, but longer
term may require relocation to one of the company's larger offices
such as Bedford, MA, Houston, TX or other office.Your Impact
- Support the Operations VP in developing and deploying a
corporate acquisition integration methodology that incorporates
industry best practices for post merger integration (PMI) including
processes, tools and technology to enable the successful
integration of transformative acquisitions or acquisitions at
- Support development of PMI methodology and drive adoption and
consistency of approach across the enterprise.
- Under direction of Operations VP and in partnership with
Corporate Development, Product Management, BU leadership and
corporate functions designates plan and coordinate activities
across the entire acquisition integration life cycle from
functional diligence, integration planning, synergy identification,
announce and close to post merger integration.
- Support development of key M&A transaction materials such
as Transitional Services Agreement (TSA), Knowledge Transfer
Agreements (KTA), and others as they relate to PMI planning and
- As part of the IMO office orchestrate and execute on the Day 1,
Week 1 and Month 1 plans.
- Plan and facilitate regular weekly integration meetings with
workstream leaders. Provide relevant and timely reporting, metrics
and analysis through weekly updates.
- Identify key risks and issues, develop risk mitigation plans,
and provide early management visibility, with appropriate
- Working with key stakeholders develop and operationalize plans
to support synergy targets for each M&A transaction, then track
progress of execution to these targets.
- Understand any "One Time Fund" allowance included in the
business case in order to support Corporate Development and Finance
teams around communication, planning and execution on included
items by the business partners. This allowance should have clear
defined measurable goals and owners in order to track
- Influence and prepare acquisition steering committee materials,
build out and maintain integration status dashboards, synergy
attainment dashboards, and when applicable TSA status
- Coordinate workstream After Action Reviews to ensure continuous
- Coordinate and facilitate complete "lookback" analysis to
compare the Acquisition business case expectations to the updated
current expectation 12-36 months after the acquisition is
closed.What You'll Need
- BA/BS, MBA highly desirable.
- Experience with large scale (targets of over $100M in revenue)
acquisition integration planning and post merger integration
execution is required.
- Strong operational/project/program management experience.
- Exceptional project leadership and business acumen skills.
- Strong quantitative ability paired with excellent consultative,
negotiating, listening, communication, organizational and
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving
- Success navigating in a matrix structure, with strong abilities
to influence and build support for process change initiatives.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven work environment,
attention to detail, and multitasking are essential.
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to prioritize and
communicate clearly across all levels of the organization (without
- Six Sigma Certified and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- Travel as necessary. While our impact on the world is big, we
offer many of the advantages of a smaller organization. Every
employee has a real opportunity to make important contributions
that directly benefit our customers and drive our success.
AspenTech is thriving, thanks to our relentless focus on innovation
and the dedication of our team of world-class experts who speak
more than 10 languages and work in 30 different offices worldwide.
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran Status or any other basis protected by federal,
state, or local law. GDPR Privacy Notice: AspenTech collects a
range of personal information during the recruitment process. This
may include the following personal or special categories of
- recruitment information such as your application form and
resume, references, qualifications and membership of any
professional bodies and details of any pre-employment
- your contact details and date of birth;
- your marital status and family details;
- your identification documents including passport and driver's
license and information in relation to your immigration status and
right to work with us;
- information about your contract of employment (or services)
including start and end dates of employment, role and location,
working hours, details of promotion, salary (including details of
previous remuneration), pension, benefits, and holiday
Keywords: Aspen Technology, Inc., Charleston , Program Management Director, Executive , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!