Assistant General Manager
Company: Holiday Inn Express Charleston
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Description250 Spring Street, Charleston, SC
29403NORTHPOINTE HOSPITALITY- ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER WE ARE
HIRING - Our 10M renovation is nearing completion and we are
looking for an award winning Select Service Assistant General
Manager to lead the team at Charleston's newest hotel, Holiday Inn
Express & Suites Downtown -WestEdge. The hotel is slated to open
September 1st, 2022. NorthPointe Hospitality – one of the Top 100
Management Companies in the Nation is recruiting an Assistant
General Manager. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for
all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the
General Manager. The Assistant General Manager will help direct and
coordinate hotel and restaurant operations to obtain optimum
efficiency and economy of operations. The Assistant General Manager
must focus on extraordinary guest services, be committed to
profitability, and be dedicated to the long-term growth and
development of all associates. ASST GENERAL MANAGER DUTIES AND
- Assist the General Manager in his day to day operations.
- Assigns duties to Head of Departments (HOD) and observes
performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established
- Provides training to staff and HOD's.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the
property within the hotel industry, local community and trade
- Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip advisor, OTA's etc. and
hotels GSTS and RSTS surveys.
- Receives and resolved or assists the General Manager in
resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Selects or assist in the selection of hotel staff and completes
all new hire paper works.
- Review employee performance and conducts personnel actions such
as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest
floor limit, AR Ageing reports, direct billing etc.
- Assisting General Manager during Morning meetings or conducts
the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations
as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP's,
policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of brand and property owners
work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting
and managing expectations and delivering solid business
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects,
customer service and refurbishment.
- Assist General Manager in wage scale surveys and ensures
employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas
maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with
hotel staff, HOD's and other departments to ensure maximum
operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture,
Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required
hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and
upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with
regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client
acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and
development with strong sales prospects.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or
Management.PREREQUISITES:Strong management skills, ability to
appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in
the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and
assistance as required. Available to work when needed, including
weekends, holidays, and nights.EDUCATION:A university degree or
diploma in hotel management or a related field with experience in
opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track
record. Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision
and problem resolutions is an added advantage. Excellent computer
system skills.EXPERIENCE:At least 5 to 10 years' experience in the
hospitality industry, with significant luxury experience. And at
least 3 to 4 years of experience as a Head of the department, Asst.
General Manager or Executive assistant manager.BENEFITS:NorthPointe
offers an extremely competitive compensation package which includes
a competitive salary for asset class and location, bonus, 401-k
with match, PTO, continuing education, insurance and upward
mobility. For more information about NorthPointe and the hotel you
can visit www.northph.com
Keywords: Holiday Inn Express Charleston, Charleston , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!