Company: Holiday Inn Express Charleston
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Description250 Spring Street, Charleston, SC
29403NORTHPOINTE HOSPITALITY – GENERAL MANAGER WE ARE HIRING - Our
10M renovation is nearing completion and we are looking for an
award winning Select Service General Manager to lead the team at
Charleston's newest hotel, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown
-WestEdge. The hotel is slated to open September 1st, 2022. GENERAL
MANAGER (GM) POSITION SUMMARY: The GM is responsible for all
aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management
and guests. He / She should be an ambassador for the hotel brand.
Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in
support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest
satisfaction. Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other
stake holders.Responsible for managing the Hotel management team
(HOD's) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest
experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage
between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.GM DUTIES AND
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP's,
policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects,
customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent
achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing &
Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue
and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the
hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term
strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to
react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis
and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food &
Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through
innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment,
and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
- Coordination with HOD's for the execution of all activities and
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely
with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career
progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and
take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client
acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and
development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both
(internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act,
fire regulations and other legal requirements.PREREQUISITES:The
ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel
professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive
hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including
weekends, holidays, and nights.EDUCATION:A university degree in
hotel management or a related field with Experience in opening,
managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record.
Excellent computer system skills.EXPERIENCE:At least 10 or more
years' experience in the hospitality industry 3 to 5 years of
experience as a General Manager or Asst. General
Manager.BENEFITS:NorthPointe offers an extremely competitive
compensation package which includes a competitive salary for asset
class and location, bonus, 401-k with match, PTO, continuing
education, insurance and upward mobility. For more information
about NorthPointe and the hotel you can visit www.northph.com
Keywords: Holiday Inn Express Charleston, Charleston , General Manager, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!