Company: Water Mission
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization
that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and
hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and
disaster areas.Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are
driven to share clean, safe water and God's love with all. To date,
we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working
at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are
searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help
us change the world.Read more about ourand.
What is the opportunity?
The Partnerships Manager is responsible for building long-term
partnerships with current and prospective mid-level partners. The
focus of this role is sharing what God is doing through the
ministry and intentionally stewarding relationships that invite
people into deep and meaningful partnerships to facilitate the
funding of Water Mission's vision.
This position is responsible for engaging, qualifying, and
advancing a portfolio of donors through communication strategies
that include phone calls, emails, handwritten notes, ministry
updates, local partner visits, tours, etc. This includes qualifying
potential major donors through prospect research and coordinating
closely with Partnerships Directors in transitioning relationships.
The Partnerships Manager reports to the Senior Partnerships Manager
and may be located at Water Mission's headquarters in Charleston,
SC or remotely.
A successful Partnerships Manager will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, partners,
volunteers, and the general public.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of Water Mission's organizational
objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and
- Document and maintain information related to all communications
and partner development in a timely manner using Blackbaud's
Raiser's Edge software.
- Faithfully serve in keeping with the Water Mission biblical
philosophy of stewardship to our existing and prospective
- Effectively communicate the mission and scope of Water Mission
to various audiences.
- Report engagement activity and outcomes monthly to the Senior
- Respond to general inquiries through phone or email
communication as requested.
- Represent Water Mission at events as requested.
- Support Global Water Center initiatives as assigned by the
Senior Partnerships Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Intentionally Build Relationships and Present Opportunities
- Maintain working knowledge of Water Mission projects,
activities, and operations, as well as investment, financial,
global, and news-worthy issuesin order toeffectively communicate
opportunities to partners.
- Findand connect with prospective partners,includingbut not
limited to individuals, families, smallbusinesses, foundations, and
churches,who reach out to Water Mission for general
- Winrelationships with current and prospective partners.
Actively identify the greatest areas of alignment and invitegivers
intodeep and meaningful financial partnerships. Seek opportunities
to utilize a partner's influence, time, and talent.
- Grow and advance a portfolio of approximately 800 partners
giving between $1,000 - $10,000 annually.
- Execute a strategic communication plan for each partner to
advance the relationship. This includes phone calls, updates and
reporting, emails, letters, and other meaningful interactions.
- Build reports for the Senior Partnerships Manager or other
senior leadership as requested.
Serve and Care for key partners
- Keepkey partners connected, updated, andfeelingvalued by
providing timely and personal acknowledgment.Ensure follow-ups as
promised or requested. Adjust according totheir preferredmode and
frequency of reporting.
- Liftkey partners' awareness of the impact, ministry,and vision
for ongoing partnership as a means of solving the global water
crisis, saving lives now and for eternity through customized impact
reporting.Encourage them on a spiritual level, if appropriate.
- Qualify potential major partners through prospect research and
coordinate closely with Partnerships Directors in transitioning
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission's Statement of Faith and core
values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Consistently present a professional image and effectively
communicate the mission and purpose of Water Mission.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing and Communications,
Public Relations, or related field.
- CFRE is beneficial, but not required.
- Alignment withWater Mission'score values and principles
- Minimum of three years of experiencein successfully developing
relationships with individuals and/orbusinesses.
- Track record of raising $500,000+ annually through the
cultivation of donors (or sales equivalent).
- Experience with Raiser's Edge a plus, but not
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas in a
constructive and succinct way.
- Ability to work in a highly fluid environment, respond to
changing requests, and handle competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse
groups of people.
- Ability to travel to the Charleston headquarters twice annually
- Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video
conferencing and other job-related responsibilities.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without
- Flexibility to work periodic nights and weekends as required
for ministry operations.
- Commitment to the values and mission of the organization and
ending the global water crisis.
Keywords: Water Mission, Charleston , Partnerships Manager, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!