Company: Charleston Sports Medicine
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Busy practice seeking experienced medical practice manager. The
practice manager is responsible for the administrative, fiscal and
operational management of the practice, resulting in the delivery
of excellent patient care.
Reports to: Owners
Supervises: Directly supervises clinical and non-clinical
*Human Resource Management*
* Hire, train and supervise all employees.
* Ensure all employees have proper documentation in employee file
* Assist front desk, billing, and collection areas as needed.
* Coordinate physician's daily activities and schedules.
* Conduct periodic staff meetings and quarterly team events to
promote team building.
* Enthusiastically promote the practice values and foster a
patient-centered team culture in support of the practice's mission
* Set clear expectations and hold employees accountable for their
performance and behaviors.
* With input from the providers, assure the development and
application of Human Resource policies and procedures.
* Ensure all staff members are trained and comply with Human
Resource policies/procedures, safety issues, service standards, and
other practice options/policies/procedures.
* Executes disciplinary action in collaboration with the Providers,
including termination, when necessary. Proper documentation and
follow-up retained in employee files.
* Regularly coach employees on performance, conduct annual reviews,
disciplinary actions as needed, and foster interoffice
* Payroll processing for employees.
* Supervise the preparation, maintenance, and submission of current
credentialing for the providers with all licensing bodies,
regulatory agencies, and insurance companies.
* Ensure all physicians and appropriate staff have current
malpractice insurance and current medical and prescriptive
* Maintain control over overhead costs.
* Monitor collection results and report to physicians monthly.
* Maintain proper controls over charge processing, collections,
disbursements and bank account management.
* Review or perform daily balancing of financial records.
* Calculate and electronically transmit payroll files. Maintain
compliance with tax laws and filing procedures.
* Prepare bank deposits, and daily financial reconciliation.
* Develop and maintain a practice inventory of clinical and
* Perform financial analysis and provide recommendations for new
* Promote cost-effective operations to assure practice
* Recording daily deposits into Quick Books and Excel.
* Reconciling credit card, EFT, and check payments with Billing
Coordinator's Reports to ensure accurate allocation of payments
between physicians and departments.
* Paying all invoices.
* Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts monthly.
* Provide Excel spreadsheet breakdown of revenues and expenses for
each physician per month.
* Provide monthly financial reports to physicians as requested.
* Process monthly SC State Sales Tax filing.
* File annual business license renewal reports, retail sales tax
license application, and property tax reports (work with accountant
on property tax form).
* Oversee all day-to-day operations and serve as a liaison for all
professional service contracts.
* Implement and maintain policies and procedures addressing daily
practice operations, including the delivery of patient care
services, registration, billing, fee setting, and cash
* Maintain a medical record system assuring quality documentation,
integrating with a Practice Management System and EHR that provides
immediate access to patient records.
* Support the efforts of the revenue cycle management/billing
* Oversee the maintenance of the facility providing a safe, clean
and pleasant environment for patients, staff, and physicians.
Contact landlord with building issues.
* Create and maintain a flow of verbal and written communication
within the practice.
* Serve as Practice Champion to enthusiastically support business
systems upgrades and ongoing EHR customization. Works with
information technology and providers to ensure timely and accurate
implementation and updates.
* Coordinate with marketing team to schedule meetings, order
printed supplies, and ensure social media and website are up to
* Implement computer software updates and maintain system.
* Order necessary physical therapy & office supplies as needed.
* Handle expert witness legal cases including organizing records,
communicating with attorneys regarding the case, scheduling phone
calls and depositions, as well as invoicing.
* Keep up to date on laws and regulations that affect the practice
and implement policies and procedures that ensures compliance.
* Monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
* Perform periodic audits of the medical records for all physicians
and report findings to physician.
* Coordinate efforts with marketing, outside consultant, CPA, and
attorney as needed.
* In collaboration with the Providers, initiate and facilitate an
ongoing strategic planning process to position the practice for
* Serve as a contact to keep the providers abreast of strategic
issues in practice development.
* Ensure the clinical and office equipment is appropriate to the
needs of the practice.
* Assure the office facility and systems are maintained for future
growth and development.
*Experience: *Minimum of two years as a practice manager or
*Requirements: *Proficient in Microsoft Office, cloud/web-based
systems, EHR, and other related technology. Must have extensive
knowledge of Quick Books accounting Software.
Job Type: Full-time
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Charleston, SC 29492: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Charleston Sports Medicine, Charleston , Practice Manager, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!