Luxury Room Sales Manager
Company: MARKET PAVILION HOTEL
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Luxury Room Sales Manager*
The Market Pavilion Hotel is seeking a high-energy and dedicated
Luxury Room and Sales Manager to proactively generate new business
and provide account management for new and existing accounts.
The staff of The Market Pavilion Hotel, Grill 225, and The Pavilion
Bar set the standard of luxury service in Charleston. We provide
hospitality professionals with the guidance and opportunities
needed to shape their careers and pursue their goals. Most
importantly, we offer a supportive and highly organized team
structure in which the determined professional can thrive and
continuously succeed as a member of one of the finest luxury hotels
in the world. Our large-scale operational environment provides an
unmatched opportunity for an exciting professional culture with an
opportunity for growth.
*The Ideal candidates must possess the following: *
* Exceptional sales and closing techniques with excellent
organizational, inter-personal and sales-related skills.
* Must be an articulate, polished sales person with the ability to
convincingly sell top-tier guest rooms and food and beverage
products / services with an understanding that our pricing
structure may not always meet every client's budget.
* Must be able to work in a collaborative environment where
potential sales leads are closely managed with senior hotel
management to determine which prospects best suit our hotel and
food and beverage organization.
* Must be able to work collaboratively with the Event Sales
Management team with each piece of business to coordinate group
room blocks with Food and Beverage
* Must possess a high level of self-motivation, self-confidence
with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Must have the demonstrated ability to energetically and
creatively foster client rapport within the operational parameters
of the Company.
* Must have a demonstrated body of work displaying examples of
* Must be able to execute and follow-through on small details for
each client with the cognitive understanding that no detail is too
small when serving guests in a luxury environment.
* Must be an effective, assertive and diplomatic communicator and
director with coworkers, hotel staff and senior management
regarding the details necessary to successfully execute the
* Must have an extensive knowledge of food and beverage products,
proper food preparation and display presentations. Previous
experience in the Food Service industry is preferred.
* Must be very familiar with luxury market trends with an
understanding of comparative pricing structures in similar domestic
and regional markets for luxury branded lodging, food and beverage
and services.*POSITION DETAILS: *
* Prospect and respond to new qualifying business on a daily /
weekly basis via voice and email. Maintain, prospect, independently
solicit and book both luxury guest room business.
* Develop, Create and Maintain customer relationships to achieve
optimum market share.
* Identify and pursue prospective group & meeting business from
free market information, as well as information from purchased lead
sources, analyzing historical and other statistical information
(market segment, account mix goals), participate in conducting
customer interviews and preparing customer call analysis
* Solicit group business directly and jointly with others through
the preparation, execution and completion of Action Plans.
* Manage the hotel's Request for Proposal process / rate
negotiations according to rate structure and guidelines defined by
senior hotel management.
* Maintain product knowledge at all times including all relevant
rate and pricing structures.
* Work with Senior Management, Event Managers and the Executive
Chef to coordinate business, menus, planning and pricing when
prospecting and quoting Guest room groups.
* Must have a strong backbone to direct the client within the
logistical parameters that are best for the implementation success
for the group or event.
* Quote and negotiate guest room pricing with clients, draw up
contracts within established parameters set by senior management,
collect deposits and close transactions.
* Upon closing group guest rooms and or Food and Beverage business,
ensure that all detailed messaging and notes have been entered into
the company's internal online communication system regarding the
arriving group so that all departments are aware of the
* Ensure that Guest room group blocks are immediately entered,
detailed and loaded into the Company's Property Management system,
and Event scheduler for departmental future planning by the Event
Manager, Food and Beverage Manager and culinary staff.
* Coordinate in-person and follow-up with other hotel departments
to ensure that there is knowledge of future group and event
bookings on the horizon.
* Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual prospecting reports
as well as booked business reports required by procedural
* As directed, compile and input market intelligence information to
the Sales Information Management System.
* As directed, participate in trade shows, conventions and
promotional events within the hotel, the industry and customer
* Achieve established room nights and revenue as outlined by the
agreed upon goals.
* Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established
procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring
* Must be willing to personally manage events as they occur both in
mornings, afternoons and evenings.
* Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event
Operations team for the execution of details if applicable for
smaller standard events, as deemed by management. Larger events
will require the Sales Manager to be on-site throughout the
duration of the event.
* Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group
and plans far in advance how to best work with the property staff
and customer to solve these challenges\\ and/or develop alternative
*GUEST SATISFACTION AND HUMAN RESOURCES ACTIVITIES*
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with
* Solicits Daily guests for positive guest reviews for both hotel
stays and dining through Trip Advisor and other relevant travel
associated web sites.
* Proactively and Reactively responds to guest dissatisfaction for
both the hotel and food and beverage operations, and provides
conflict resolution for optimal guest satisfaction.
* Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
individuals and/or managers.
* Assists in the development and implementation of corrective
* Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service
performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and
* Works with the property staff and customers to address
operational challenges associated with his/her group.
* Assists senior management and human resources with New Hire
training and existing employee training through online tools or
*ADDITIONAL SUPPORTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide
clear direction to staff members.
* Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking
voice, listen and understand requests, respond with appropriate
actions and provide accurate information.
* Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations
and/or busy restaurant / kitchen environments. Serve as a role
model for the team and other staff members. Interact with other
department personnel and venue staff as needed.
* Make sound decisions and take appropriate actions based on
previous experience and good judgment, Sometimes revising
procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
* Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire
staff members to meet and exceed standards and expectations.
*ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH POLICIES: *
* Health and Safety
* Food Hygiene
* Hotel Standard Policies and Procedures
* Emergency Procedures
* Liquor Licensing - Current TIPS training class would be required
to be completed for this position, which would be facilitated by
the Market Pavilion Hotel.
*SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY*
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Experience managing luxury brands.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience managing or leading hotel
sales, or equivalent industry experience, preferably in an upscale
hotel or resort environment.
* Strong organizational skills including follow up, time
management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in
a fast-paced environment.
* Sales Skills at minimum above the industry average. Candidate
should be well versed in prospecting, rate and contract
negotiating, business planning and telephone sales.
* Considerable skill in math, monetary tax rates, calculations and
* Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in English, both
orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will
require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse
anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations
during busy periods.
* Ability to access and accurately input information using a
moderately complex computer system.
* Proficient in Windows Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher,
* Dynamic, proven leader demonstrating entrepreneurial spirit,
innovative thinking, change leadership and focus on coaching and
* Must be innovative, organized, efficient and able to prioritize
multiple projects while working with a team.
* Strong work ethic and self-starter who is a team player and comes
with a can-do attitude
*To receive consideration for the *Luxury Room Sales Manager
*position the candidate must be able to perform the following
essential physical job functions daily: *
* Must have the physical ability to bend, stoop, and kneel to
perform essential job functions.
* Must have the physical ability to frequently crouch, push, pull,
squat and work above the shoulders during the performance of the
daily job routine.
* Must have the physical ability to use both hands for continuous
firm grasping with both hands.
* Must have the physical ability to continuously carry up to 20-30
pounds of weight both on flat surfaces as well as up and down
stairs for distances of up to 100 feet.
* Must have the physical ability to occasionally lift up to 20-30
pounds of weight between the floor and waist, occasionally from the
waist to above the shoulder.
*SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY: *
* The ideal candidate will have good schedule flexibility with
minimal schedule restrictions.
* Hours vary from mornings, afternoons and evenings.
* Manager on Duty Shifts are required to include evenings and
* The individual must have the ability to work holidays such as
Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas day, New Years Eve.
* This position will require an average workweek of 52 hours.
* This management position is a contract commitment position that
will require a minimum length of service from the individual, to be
* Pay ranges between $60,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year based on the
candidate's level of previous experience. Pay may be based by the
hourly rate or by a weekly salary, to be determined.
* Commission Incentives are also provided with this management
* Meals are provided at no charge to the recipient with this
* Recipients of this position are provided with free parking.
*PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING PROCESS*
* Pre-employment drug testing is a definite reality in our company,
and is a mandatory requirement for all eligible candidates.
Contingent upon the candidate's ability to advance beyond the
interviewing and background screening process, eligible employees
will then be instructed to report to our company's designated drug
testing facility in person. An eligible candidate who successfully
passes the drug screening test at our approved testing facility
will then be provided a Passing Certificate of Documentation. This
Passing Certificate of Documentation on record will be required
before the candidate is potentially offered a final position within
our company. Applicants are encouraged to be aware of their ability
to successfully pass our pre-employment drug screening test before
investing any aspect of their valuable personal time with respect
to our company's comprehensive application process.
*COVID 19 PRECAUTIONS*
* All staff members may be required to wear masks while working at
the hotel property, and COVID-19 viral mitigation protocols are
observed. COVID-19 Vaccinated candidates are encouraged to
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $65,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 3 years
* 4 years
* 5 years
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Rotating weekends
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Charleston, SC 29401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Bachelor's (Required)
* Sales: 1 year (Required)
* Hotel Room Sales: 1 year (Required)
* Food and Beverage Sales: 1 year (Required)
* English (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: MARKET PAVILION HOTEL, Charleston , Luxury Room Sales Manager, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!