Food and Beverage Manager
Company: MARKET PAVILION HOTEL
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Grill 225 at the Market Pavilion Hotel is seeking a management
candidate to contribute to our progressive, rewarding and
professional environment. Grill 225 is located at the Market
Pavilion Hotel in Charleston, S.C. and is Charleston's only 100%
Prime steakhouse. Grill 225 exclusively features 100% USDA wet aged
Prime beef, which accounts for less than 2% of the beef graded in
the United States. Grill 225 also places a great deal of emphasis
on seafood harvested from both local and International waters,
boasting one of the largest and most premium seafood selections in
Charleston. Grill 225 also operates the Pavilion Bar which is a
popular outdoor rooftop bar and restaurant overlooking the city
atop the Market Pavilion Hotel as well as our retail store front
Cafe Pavilion, which is located on Market Street. Our large-scale
operational environment provides an unmatched opportunity for an
exciting professional culture with an opportunity for growth.
*POSITION DETAILS: *
* The ideal applicant must be a hands-on, quick-stepped, energetic
and an enthusiastic leader; who will ensure the highest levels of
quality, guest satisfaction, service and food. The applicant must
have the proven ability to energetically manage individuals and
* Recipients of this management position will have a strong desire
to be guest focused with a willingness to please and exceed the
expectations of our guests. Recipients must be caring, friendly,
and hospitable with the ability to make positive and memorable
interactions with each of their guests.
* The ideal applicant will be an individual with integrity who
prides themselves on professionalism and the ability to foster
leadership and accountability in the individuals they manage.
* Our ideal applicants will possess at least 2 years experience, as
a manager or leader in a restaurant, club / resort or similar
environment. Recipients of this position must have basic knowledge
of wine and various types of liquors. The individual will be
responsible for ensuring that staff members provide outstanding
customer service to our guests.
* The ideal applicant will work with fellow management with
overseeing all phases of the food and beverage operations which
include: Grill 225, the Pavilion Bar, Cafe Pavilion, Event
operations and room service operations. Additionally, the
management individual will also be trained to assist and be
involved with managing guest services and hotel operations.
* Recipients of this position will be guest services driven, detail
oriented, warm and amiable. Must have the sincere desire to serve
and please our guests along with an attention to adhere to
meticulous operational structure and detail.
* Recipients of this position must have an established work record,
with the demonstrated ability to have held a position with a
previous employer for at least 1 full year.
* Recipient must have the discipline to accept detailed structures,
protocols and procedures that are utilized by Grill 225 to ensure
consistent and quality associated guest interactions.
* Recipients must have a good wine knowledge with the technical
ability to professionally present wine to guests. Previous wine
decanting experience is desired.
* Must have an understanding of the technical service etiquette for
American style table service, which includes the knowledge of
proper methods and formalities for correctly serving and clearing
* Must have at least 1 years experience with supervising a staff of
at least 20 people, as an assistant manager or supervisor, in an
upscale high volume restaurant or similar hospitality
* The Applicant must have at least 3 years experience serving in a
full service or fine dining environment, with a good knowledge of
table service, bartending and wine service.
* The Individual will be required to perform all functions of their
job to a Next-Level and high luxury standard. The recipient will be
extensively trained and will be required to follow the company's
defined written documentation and interactive conversational
procedures to ensure that we are professionally exceeding the
expectations of our guests.
* Must have an excellent aptitude and willingness to efficiently
utilize operational software that provides the framework for our
*OPERATIONAL SKILLS: *
* Must be extremely guest service oriented with an outgoing
personality and willingness to cultivate positive customer
relationships. The demonstrated ability to provide absolute guest
satisfaction should be the applicants primary core principle.
* Must be a confident individual with the ability to hold staff
members accountable for executing their duties according to company
policy and standards. Must be willing to use evaluation and
discipline procedures where appropriate.
* Must have a teaching and mentoring philosophy with the
understanding that spending positive time with each and every staff
member is essential to creating a successful business.
* Must have the personal goal of continuous personal and
operational improvement to perpetuate and stimulate operating
efficiencies and company growth. Must be able to ensure that all
staff members adhere to all company operational standards and
* As a progressive and technologically advanced restaurant
organization, the applicant must have excellent computer skills
with the ability to comprehend our reservation, employee
management, communication, promotion and marketing software
*SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY: *
* The ideal candidate will have good schedule flexibility with
minimal schedule restrictions.
* Hours vary from morning to evening. Full-time applicants with
wide-ranging schedule flexibility will be given first consideration
for this position.
* The individual must have the ability to work holidays such as
Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas day, New Years Eve.
* This position will require an average workweek of 55 hours.
* This management position is a contract commitment position that
will require a minimum length of service from the individual, to be
* Pay ranges between $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year based on the
candidate's level of previous experience. Pay may be based by the
hourly rate or by a weekly salary, to be determined.
* Monthly Bonus Incentives are also provided with this management
* Meals are provided at no charge to the recipient with this
* Free Parking is Provided
* Recipients of this position are provided with free parking.
*PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING PROCESS*
* Pre-employment drug testing is a definite reality in our company,
and is a mandatory requirement for all eligible candidates.
Contingent upon the candidate's ability to advance beyond the
interviewing and background screening process, eligible employees
will then be instructed to report to our company's designated drug
testing facility in person. An eligible candidate who successfully
passes the drug screening test at our approved testing facility
will then be provided a Passing Certificate of Documentation. This
Passing Certificate of Documentation on record will be required
before the candidate is potentially offered a final position within
our company. Applicants are encouraged to be aware of their ability
to successfully pass our pre-employment drug screening test before
investing any aspect of their valuable personal time with respect
to our company's comprehensive application process.
* The staff of The Market Pavilion Hotel, Grill 225, The Pavilion
Bar, Cafe Pavilion are the standard of hospitality service in
Charleston. By rewarding professional initiative and efficiency, we
provide hospitality professionals with the guidance, operational
structure and opportunities needed to shape their careers and
pursue their goals. Rewards and benefits vary according to
position; but may include bonus plans, paid vacations, health
insurance, employee meals, etc. Most importantly, we offer a
supportive and highly organized team structure in which a
determined professional can thrive and continuously succeed.
*COVID 19 PRECAUTIONS*
* All staff members may be required to wear masks while working at
the hotel property, and COVID-19 viral mitigation protocols are
* Fully vaccinated candidates are given first priority and our
encouraged to apply.
Apply online at: www.marketpavilion.com/jobs
Resumes accepted in Person Monday - Friday from 1pm-3pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $65,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Vision insurance
* 1 year
* 2 years
* 3 years
* 4 years
* 5 years
* 6 years
* Coffee shop
* Fine dining restaurant
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Rotating weekends
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Charleston, SC 29401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
* Day Shift (Required)
* Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: MARKET PAVILION HOTEL, Charleston , Food and Beverage Manager, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!