Senior Flightline Operations Manager (Level L) (Variable Shift)
Company: Boeing Company
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) is looking for a Senior
Flightline Operations Manager (Level L) to support the 787 Program
Operations based out of North Charleston, South Carolina.
The successful candidate must be able to develop and maintain
relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers,
partners and direct reports.
Position Responsibilities :
- This individual would be managing employees and first-level
managers as well as performing management activities across
delivery operations, as well as storage activities.
- Creates a culture that enhances productivity, safety, and a
- Actively promotes the growth and development of employees and
- Ensures that air vehicles are completed and pass certification
for airworthiness by overseeing final component installation,
systems operation functional testing, modification, maintenance,
troubleshooting, repair, pre-flight and post-flight checks, release
for flight, and preparation for delivery.
- Interfaces with flight crews, engineering, management,
suppliers, and customers to meet product requirements and ensure
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies
and procedures and provides input on departmental business and
technical strategies, goals, objectives.
- Acquires resources for department activities, provides
technical management of suppliers and leads process
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with
customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches,
products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees
and first-level managers.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate
will be required to work onsite at North Charleston, South
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is
required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Availability to work any shift, high overtime, holidays, and
- 1 or more years of Flight Line experience.
- 1 or more years' experience leading teams through production or
- 1 or more years' hands-on experience with airplane production,
maintenance and systems or possess an A&P or Repairman
- 10 or more years of experience in the aerospace industry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Functional test knowledge.
- Experience working with airplane customers.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience with any of the following: avionics, troubleshooting
capabilities, functional test knowledge, release, ticket
experience, manufacturing, and/or structures.
- Proficiency using CMES and Velocity software.
- Understanding and alignment with Our Values and leadership
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
our policies .
Shift Work Statement:
This position is variable shift
This is a non-union represented position
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will
attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total
Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an
opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally
including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health
savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability
insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both
paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee
may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic
location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general
guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $127,500 - $172,500
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Boeing Company, Charleston , Senior Flightline Operations Manager (Level L) (Variable Shift), Executive , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!