Medical Director-Full Time. Bishop Gadsden Episcopal Retirement Community Charleston, South Carolina
Company: National Medical Association
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Roper Saint Francis Healthcare and Bishop Gadsden Retirement
Community are currently seeking a full time Board Certified
Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician
to join as Medical Director of the Post Acute Program at The Bishop
Gadsden Retirement Community and the Roper St. Francis Putnam
Clinic on the campus. This leader will work with the Bishop Gadsden
Administration and Roper Saint Francis Physicians Partner Network
on the collaborative partnership to deliver excellent medical care
to the community. This role will maintain clinical work in an
established RSF Ambulatory Primary Care Practice, Assisted Living,
and Skilled Nursing facility. This work is supported by two (2)
full time APP's, Nursing, Medical Assistant, and the Roper St.
Francis HealthCare system. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, directs and supervises clinical aspects of medical care
In Primary Care Clinic, Assisted Living, Post Acute and Long Term
Nursing units in partnership with practice administration to
achieve employee engagement, resident satisfaction, high quality
and financial performance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies,
provide advice and recommendations regarding adherence to
state/federal laws and other guidelines.
- Coordinate the medical care, which includes acting as liaison
with other physicians.
- Consult with administrative and appropriate professional staff
in matters regarding the maintaining of medical records.
- Participate in periodic in-service programs at the request of
- Provide administrative/clinical hours each month in the
capacity of Medical Director. Participate in meetings required to
meet state and federal regulations, which include meetings such as
Quality, Case Management, Ethics Committee, Resident and Health
Services Board Committee, and others as may be deemed necessary
from time to time.
- Participate in monthly Givens Estates Health Center Utilization
Review and Quality Improvement meetings.
- Review written reports of surveys and inspections related to
health care and make recommendations to Administration.
- Clinical responsibilities include:
- Conducting patient assessment, examinations and treats patients
in a variety of settings.
- Ordering diagnostic tests, consultations, analysis and
diagnostic images to provide information on patient's
- Analyzing reports and findings of tests and examination and
- Attending patients in medical office, nursing home, assisted
living, and memory care.
- Administering or prescribes treatments and drugs.
- Coordinating care with outside physicians, rehab providers,
other facilities, as necessary.
- Participating in activities to promote the growth of the
- Communicating with patients, their families and other providers
to achieve high quality care, including discussions on end of life
- Participating in quality assurance, peer review and other
- Participating in night and weekend call rotation of
- Documenting services provided in medical chart and for billing
- Working cooperatively and collaboratively with other
physicians, nurses, medical assistants, administrative personnel
and managers. Community Information: Bishop Gadsden Episcopal
Retirement Community Southeast's leading life plan retirement
community, Bishop Gadsden Episcopal Retirement Community has more
than 500 residents and 400 employee team members that shape its
vibrant character. Located on James Island, within close proximity
to historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina, Bishop Gadsden
offers first-class lifestyle in an amazing city. Founded in 1850,
Bishop Gadsden is a not-for-profit, faith-based retirement
community, affiliated with the Episcopal Church. We welcome
everyone, regardless of religious affiliation. Since 2003, Bishop
Gadsden has earned the highest accreditation from the Commission on
Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), receiving
exemplary marks in the area of Finance and Human Resources. This
voluntary process demonstrates our dedication and commitment to
improving the quality of life of the people who live and work here
through innovative practices and programs. Bishop Gadsden continues
its legacy of innovation in senior living with the award-winning
Gadsden Glen opened in 2022. In addition to providing skilled
nursing and supportive memory care residences, Gadsden Glen now
welcomes the Charleston community for short-term, post-acute
rehabilitative care, where healing, exceptional physical therapy,
and successful return-to-home outcomes are emphasized in this
state-of-the-art environment HealthCare System: Roper St. Francis
Healthcare Healing all people with compassion, faith, and
excellence. Roper St. Francis Healthcare is Charleston's only
private, not-for-profit healthcare provider. The 657-bed system
comprises more than 90 facilities and services in three counties.
Member hospitals include Roper Hospital, Bon Secours St. Francis
Hospital, Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital and Roper St.
Francis Berkeley Hospital. Our active medical staff is made up of
more than 900 board certified doctors. The group includes Roper St.
Francis Physician Partners, an expansive network of more than 200
physicians who offer primary care and 20 subspecialties. Roper St.
Francis is routinely recognized for excellence in patient care by
national organizations and agencies such as BlueCross BlueShield,
the Commission on Cancer, National Accreditation Program for Breast
Centers, Thomson Reuters, U.S. News & World Report, Consumer
Reports and more. With more than 6,000 employees, Roper St. Francis
is Charleston's largest private employer, and the system
consistently scores in the superior category for patient and
physician satisfaction Candidates will have:
- Current and active plenary physician license to practice in the
state of South Carolina required.
- Board Certification Internal Medicine or Family Practice
required. Board Certification in Geriatrics preferred.
- Experience or added qualifications in geriatrics
- CDS Certification and DEA Registration required.
- One (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or
elderly population, preferred.
- Effective skills in physical assessment and chronic disease
management for frail older adults.
- Desire to work in a continuing care retirement community
setting, providing medical care across the continuum, Independent
Living to Long Term Skilled Nursing.
- Able to manage changing priorities according to community
Keywords: National Medical Association, Charleston , Medical Director-Full Time. Bishop Gadsden Episcopal Retirement Community Charleston, South Carolina, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...