Project Manager - Low-Voltage/Structured Cabling
Company: Network Controls
Posted on: May 27, 2023
This position will be based in Charleston, SC.
The Project Manager manages low-voltage/structured cabling project
requests, project budget development and project plans.
Responsibilities include: the development of project proposals,
planning, decision-making, and project fiscal management. The
Project Manager is also responsible for monitoring technician
performance and ensuring that services meet customer standards.
- Adhere to all Company Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Acts as central point of contact for all project
- Manages the day-to-day tasks/activities for all resources
assigned to project. This includes ensuring that tasks are
completed on time and roadblocks and/or obstacles are identified
and communicated to appropriate management resources.
- Alerts Directors/Managers on actions that can impact project
schedule, costs, or quality of service
- Provides necessary information to Directors/Managers and
Project Owners/Sponsors to make project relevant decisions (Scope,
Technical Solutions, Budget, Schedule).
- Work with vendors, based on requirements from Project
- Manage vendors to meet the deadlines and develop quality
- Ensure integration and communication across project team and
- Project Request - Ensures that project requests are properly
documented and obtain management approvals
- Project Plans - Ensures that Project Schedules, are developed,
approved, and maintained. This entails defining requirements and
planning deliverables and tasks required to meet those
- Project Budget - Ensures that project budget is developed and
revised as needed.
- Project Plan Updates - Ensures that project documentation is
updated as needed, including scope, schedule and budget
- Regularly updates the Operations Director as to progress and
obstacles of performance of assigned projects including materials
- Continually leads, trains, develops and measures the
performance of Technicians and Installers to maximize efficiency
and profitability of all ongoing work.
- Conducts appropriate field training and enforces safety
requirements. Ensures an appropriate degree of job site training
- Provide invoicing statements and all associated documents to
Operations Director for approval
- Evaluate the work of teams engaged in design, construction, and
maintenance of a major telecommunications network
- Prepare budget and cost estimates to determine necessary
funding for assigned area budget through projections
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions to achieve desired
goals and objectives
- Perform a needs assessment of customer requirements
- Verifies jobsite material deliveries and maintains accurate
on-site inventories while accounting for all materials delivered to
all job sites at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Certifications
- Project organization, management and control
- Industry certifications (Amp, Bicsi, Corning, etc.)
- Exhibit strong leadership traits, with the ability to foster
the continuous development of subordinates
- Oral and written communications to exchange information,
explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Familiarity/ Competence with MS Office
- Operational analysis and decision-making techniques
- Management/ Customer Service Skills
- Additional Manufacturer certifications / training
- Accounting / Billing Experience
Pre-Employment screening requirements are part of our pre-hire job
offer process, to include background checks and drug testing.
ABOUT NETWORK CONTROLS & ELECTRIC, INC.
At Network Controls, we provide high-quality single-source design,
installation, and maintenance of communication networks and
technology infrastructure. Team members specialize in niche
industries, including office and industrial, educational
facilities, healthcare, manufacturing, and the public sector
(including military and quasi-government facilities). With project
teams in Greenville, South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, and
Charlotte, North Carolina, we serve companies and organizations
throughout the Southeast.
Our customers choose us because of our track record. We get the job
done right, on time, with no hassle. Our team members are highly
certified, with the experience to design and install robust
networks and systems for each industry we serve.
What We Offer:
In addition to competitive pay, stable employment, and growth
opportunities, we offer a variety of benefits as part of our total
compensation & rewards package.
- Weekly Pay
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Company Swag - Apparel, hats & a variety of other items
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and voluntary life
options. Eligible the first of month following 60 days.
- 401k Match upon eligibility with 100% immediate
Keywords: Network Controls, Charleston , Project Manager - Low-Voltage/Structured Cabling, Executive , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...