Registered Nurse Emergency Room-Centre Pointe
Company: Trident Medical Center
Posted on: September 5, 2020
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to bea part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a workenvironment where diversity and inclusion
thrive? Submit your application todayand find out what it truly
means to be a part of a team.
As a PRN employee you'll enjoy:
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Additionally, you will have a great opportunity for growthas you'll
be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital
organizationsin the world.
Wouldyou like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicatedto the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Trident family! We will provide youthe tools and resources
you need to succeed in our organization. We arecurrently looking
for an ambitious Emergency Room RN to help us reach ourgoals.
Unlock your potential here !
As a Registered Nurse in the EmergencyRoom, you are responsible to
triage, assess and treat patients of all agespresenting for
emergency care. We provide timely,compassionate care for patients
with emergency and life-threatening conditions.Our range of
services include everything from broken bone care to heart
attackand stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard
tosupport each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion
for patientcare as we do.
- You will documentpertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in
condition, transfer and discharge
- You willadminister medications in accordance with physician
- You will respondto and refer incoming telephone calls (may
include phone triage when needed)
- You will be responsiblefor efficient throughput to include
understanding and knowledge of all carezones such as triage, rapid
treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma,behavioral health,
- You coordinateand triage incoming ambulance traffic
- You manage care withprimary ED attending
- You areresponsible for learning, understanding and use of the
Emergency Severity Index5-level triage algorithm
- You areresponsible for responding to critical needs as well as
serve as a resourcenurse for trauma
- You will demonstratethe ability to manage critical situations
and make care based decisions.
- You will educatepatients regarding their medications, procedure
and treatments, providingpatients and their families with support
throughout their stay.
- Must be a graduate from anaccredited school of Nursing:
Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher isrequired
- Must be licensed as aRegistered Nurse in the state which you
practice and/or hold an activeCompact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association(AHA) or American Red Cross
Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provideris required
- Current AmericanHeart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross
Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) is preferred and required to be
obtained within 6 months ofhire/transfer date
- Current AmericanHeart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross
Pediatric Life Support (PALS) ispreferred and required to be
obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- NRP (MCMC,CPMC) Certification on hire or within 6 months of
hire or transferdate
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute)Certification on hire or
within 6 months of hire or transfer date
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be completewithin 90 days
of hire or transfer date
- Previousemergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered
Nurse experience preferred Shift Requirements:
- Mustschedule 36 hours per four-week schedule.
- Mustschedule at least one winter and one summer holiday
For more than 40 years TridentMedical Center has proudly served
patients and families in Berkeley,Charleston and Dorchester
Counties in beautiful South Carolina. Trident Medical Center is a
320+ bedmajor medical center providing a comprehensive range of
patient services andspecialties including a 24-hour emergency room
with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital s specialty services
- An award-winning Heart Center
- The South Carolina Institute for RoboticSurgery
- The Trident Breast Care Center
- The Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic - the region sonly outpatient
burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages.
TridentMedical Center offers critical care services and
24/7Hospitalist and Intensivist programs. Trident Medical Center is
a five-starrecipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical
care and patient safetyoutcomes according to a study released by
Healthgrades , theleading online resource for comprehensive
information about physicians andhospitals. This achievement is part
of new findings and data featured in theHealthgrades 2019 Report to
the Nation. HCA Healthcare,the parent company of Trident
MedicalCenter, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost forthe delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensatedexpenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We areactively
reviewing applications for our Emergency Room RN opening. Submit
yourapplication and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunityemployer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on thebasis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: care, care unit, hospice, intensive, intensive
care unit, psychiatric, recovery, tcu, transitional, unit
Keywords: Trident Medical Center, Charleston , Registered Nurse Emergency Room-Centre Pointe, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!