Certified Nursing Assitant - CNA
Company: Bishop Gadsden
Posted on: October 14, 2020
POSITION: Certified Nursing Assistant-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- -- -- -- -- -- STATUS: Hourly, Non-ExemptDEPARTMENT:-- Read
Cloister-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- --REPORTS TO: Director of Health Services
To provide basic care by assisting residents with personal,
nutritional, and restorative care
Be BG - Why Work for us:
BENEFITS FOR BISHOP GADSDEN TEAM MEMBERS
- End-of-the-Year Bonus
- Scholarship Opportunities for Education and Student
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
- Cash-In Unused Paid Time-Off
- 401(k) Matching Retirement Plan
- eLearning Classes and Certificates
- Monthly Employee Celebrations with Gift Card Giveaways
- 8 Holidays, paid at time and a half
- Free holiday meals
- Company Paid CPR/AED Classes
- Cafe Discounts
- Wellness Programs and Facilities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account with $1,000 to spend on medical
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year Recognition
- Annual Nursing Awards
- Monthly Safety Cash Giveaways
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Loan Program
- Free and Close Proximity Parking
- Assist licensed personnel by assisting with basic nursing care
to the assigned group or residents.
- Provide personal care for residents, including bathing,
showering, shampooing, oral hygiene, skin care, hair care, nail
care, dressing, and shaving as needed.--
- Assist residents with nutritional needs including serving,
feeding, and providing proper fluid requirements.
- Ensures all residents have fresh ice and water will be passed
on each shift.
- Assist with proper restorative care including range-of motion
exercises, proper positioning, and ambulation.
- Encourage resident independence and optimal level of
- Assist with procedures measuring weight, height, vital signs,
specimen collection, intake, output, and catheter care as
- Exercise standard precautions of infection control in all
- Utilize plan of care in delivery of resident care.
- Receive and give reports on resident's condition at beginning
and end of each shift.
- Exchange resident information with charge nurse on an ongoing
- Observe any change in resident condition and report to the
charge nurse immediately.
- Communicate and cooperate with other members of
multidisciplinary healthcare team to accomplish plan of
- Accompany residents to appointments as directed by the nursing
- Document accurately and on a timely basis all information
- Use appropriate forms and procedures as required.
- Launder residents' personal items as needed.
- Ensures supplies for care of residents are recorded and charged
BISHOP GADSDEN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform all responsibilities with adherence to resident's
- Maintain a pleasant, respectful, and courteous
- Observe fiscal responsibility in purchases conducted on behalf
- Assume accountability for facility policy and procedures and
assume accountability for information contained in the current
- Maintain a good working relationship with all members of the
- Participate in staff functions as necessary as a member of the
staff of this facility
- Attend all mandatory in-service education.
- Participate in educational and departmental
- Attend mandatory continuing education sessions.
- Attend department meetings and/or educational opportunities as
- Show evidence of working as a team member.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a
respectful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Adhere to the Bishop Gadsden dress code policy and
- Adhere to attendance and scheduling requirements and share
holiday schedule responsibility with department team.
- Adhere to Bishop Gadsden policies including but not limited to
Tardiness and Attendance, Uniforms, and General Safety.
- Maintain confidentiality of all department
- Accept additional duties as necessary in a cooperative
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in all aspects of long term care for the elderly
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be a Certified Nurse's Aide listed on the South Carolina
Nurse Aide registry with an active certification and be in good
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
The physical demands, with reasonable accommodations, of an
employee in this position are as follows:
- Manual dexterity, particularly in hands/arms.
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, reach, and lift (up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read and comprehend numbers and written
- Ability to represent the Bishop Gadsden community
professionally both in manner and appearance.
Keywords: Bishop Gadsden, Charleston , Certified Nursing Assitant - CNA, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!