LPN - Staff Nurse
Company: Bishop Gadsden
Posted on: October 19, 2020
--Be BG - Why Work for us:
BENEFITS FOR BISHOP GADSDEN TEAM MEMBERS
- End-of-the-Year Bonus
- Scholarship Opportunities for Education and Student
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
- Cash-In Unused Paid Time-Off
- 401(k) Matching Retirement Plan
- eLearning Classes and Certificates
- Monthly Employee Celebrations with Gift Card Giveaways
- 8 Holidays, paid at time and a half
- Free holiday meals
- Company Paid CPR/AED Classes
- Cafe Discounts
- Wellness Programs and Facilities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account with $1,000 to spend on medical
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year Recognition
- Annual Nursing Awards
- Monthly Safety Cash Giveaways
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Loan Program
- Free and Close Proximity Parking
OBJECTIVE:To provide quality nursing care to all residents,
recognize changes in their conditions, and take necessaryactions.
To supervise unlicensed staff assigned to their unit.--ESSENTIAL
- Participate in and document admissions and transfers.
- Visit each resident and instruct staff of needs to provide
- Interact with staff, residents, families, and physicians to
provide optimum care for each resident.
- Observe and document any changes in resident's mental or
physical condition and communicate same to director and
- Respect the rights and privacy of each resident while
fulfilling responsibilities for their care.
- Administer medications according to established procedures and
in a timely manner.
- Order new medications and refills timely.
- Complete all treatments as ordered.
- Participate in Med Tech training and counselling.
- Encourage resident participation in unit life and
- Encourage staff interaction with residents during waking
- Keep unit director informed regarding performance of personnel
assigned to the unit.
- Assume a leadership role and demonstrate this role to unit
personnel by example.
- Provide direction and supervision for unit staff if
- Assist in unit orientation and guidance of all new
- Interpret Bishop Gadsden's Vision and Mission to personnel,
residents, families, and the community as necessary.
- Strive to gain confidence of personnel by demonstrating a
helpful attitude and ability to resolve issues as needed.
- Maintain a pleasant, respectful, courteous demeanor, and
encourage all unit personnel to do the same.
- Complete all requests with outside services accurately and
- Notify provider and follow up to make sure orders completed
- Participate with facility Quality Improvement as directed, as
well as chart audits.
- Work independently with proper direction.
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely, and
- Check fax and Matrix Care throughout shift for new
- Complete assigned monthly summaries on time.
- Follow established guidelines for entering and checking
physician orders on EHR.
- Appropriately respond to emergencies and triage as
- Oversee the accurate administration of medications by Med
Techs, through direct supervision, "hands on" guidance, and
- Participate in staff meetings and provide guidance for items to
- Proactively participate in efforts to provide resident-centered
- Follow up on any resident appointments.
- Utilize LPN calendar and treatment log.
BISHOP GADSDEN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume accountability for department and facility policies and
procedures and assume accountability for information contained in
the current employee handbook.
- Adhere to established facility and departmental safety policies
- Participate in facility fire drill procedures.
- Perform all responsibilities with adherence to Resident's
Rights and HIPAA.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a
respectful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Adhere to the Bishop Gadsden dress code policy and
- Participate in educational and departmental
- Attend mandatory continuing education sessions.
- Attend department meetings and/or educational opportunities as
- Attend facility functions and demonstrate interest in Bishop
- Show evidence of working as a team member.
- Adhere to attendance and scheduling requirements.
- Accept additional duties as necessary in a cooperative
- Observe fiscal responsibility in use of Bishop Gadsden
resources and purchases made on behalf of Bishop Gadsden.
- Participate in emergency preparedness, including signing up for
either the evacuation or return team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be in good physical health and capable to perform job
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and clinical skills.
- Must have the ability and knowledge to act in a supervisory
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally
- Ability to read and comprehend numbers and written
- Interpersonal skills are necessary for exchanging information
as well as maintaining a courteous relationship with the residents,
families, visitors and Bishop Gadsden employees.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be licensed nurse by the state of South Carolina and in
good standing with a current active license.
- The physical demands, with reasonable accommodations, of an
employee in this position are as follows:
- Manual dexterity-particularly of hands and arms.
- Ability to walk, stoop, stand, bend, reach and lift (up to 50
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret written material.
- Ability to represent Bishop Gadsden professionally both in
manner and appearance.
Keywords: Bishop Gadsden, Charleston , LPN - Staff Nurse, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!