Certified Nursing Assitant - CNA
Company: Bishop Gadsden
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Bishop Gadsden is always looking to bring talented team members
to our Community. As an employee with Bishop Gadsden, you are
working for an employer that wants you to be successful both
personally and professionally.
Bishop Gadsden offers a working environment with a true sense of
family and community for its more than 400 full and part-time, as
well as PRN employees. Each employee is part of a dedicated team
whose daily work is valued and truly appreciated by the residents
families and fellow--employees.
Be BG - Why Work for us:
BENEFITS FOR BISHOP GADSDEN TEAM MEMBERS
End-of-the-Year BonusScholarship Opportunities for Education and
Student DebtGenerous Paid Time-Off ProgramCash-In Unused Paid
Time-Off401(k) Matching Retirement PlaneLearning Classes and
CertificatesMonthly Employee Celebrations with Gift Card Giveaways8
Holidays, paid at time and a halfFree holiday mealsCompany Paid
CPR/AED ClassesCafe DiscountsWellness Programs and
FacilitiesMedical/Dental/Vision InsuranceFlexible Spending
AccountHealth Reimbursement Account with $1,000 to spend on medical
expensesShort and Long Term DisabilityCompany Paid Life
InsuranceEmployee of the Month and Employee of the Year Recognition
ProgramsAnnual Nursing AwardsMonthly Safety Cash GiveawaysEmployee
Assistance ProgramEmployee Loan ProgramFree and Close Proximity
To provide basic care by assisting residents with personal,
nutritional, and restorative care
- Assist licensed personnel by assisting with basic nursing care
to the assigned group or residents.
- Provide personal care for residents, including bathing,
showering, shampooing, oral hygiene, skin care, hair care, nail
care, dressing, and shaving as needed.--
- Assist residents with nutritional needs including serving,
feeding, and providing proper fluid requirements.
- Ensures all residents have fresh ice and water will be passed
on each shift.
- Assist with proper restorative care including range-of motion
exercises, proper positioning, and ambulation.
- Encourage resident independence and optimal level of
- Assist with procedures measuring weight, height, vital signs,
specimen collection, intake, output, and catheter care as
- Exercise standard precautions of infection control in all
- Utilize plan of care in delivery of resident care.
- Receive and give reports on resident's condition at beginning
and end of each shift.
- Exchange resident information with charge nurse on an ongoing
- Observe any change in resident condition and report to the
charge nurse immediately.
- Communicate and cooperate with other members of
multidisciplinary healthcare team to accomplish plan of
- Accompany residents to appointments as directed by the nursing
- Document accurately and on a timely basis all information
- Use appropriate forms and procedures as required.
- Launder residents' personal items as needed.
- Ensures supplies for care of residents are recorded and charged
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in all aspects of long term care for the elderly
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be a Certified Nurse's Aide listed on the South Carolina
Nurse Aide registry with an active certification and be in good
Keywords: Bishop Gadsden, Charleston , Certified Nursing Assitant - CNA, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!