Paramedic OR Nurse - LPN, LVN or RN
Company: CSL Plasma
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionJob Description Summary Responsible for the
evaluation of donor suitability for automated pheresis procedures.
Administration and supervision of approved immunizations other than
red blood cell immunizations. Provides limited emergency medical
care to donors and staff, including the administration of
medication or treatments in accordance with licensure or
certification. Job Description
- Promotes positive customer relations with all donors.
- Conducts confidential and effective interviews with donors to
obtain necessary information regarding suitability to donate
- In conjunction with the Center Medical Director and/or Center
Physician responds to medically related questions from staff
including donor suitability and provides information to staff on
medically related issues.
- Performs medical history reviews and health assessments on
donors. Assesses results of donor screening and laboratory tests to
determine initial and continuing donor suitability.
- Notifies and counsels donors regarding reactive test results.
Refers donors to community facilities for follow-up and
- Explains informed consent to applicant donors. This includes
explanation of procedures, hazards and potential adverse events;
explanation of immunization schedules, dose and antibody response;
providing clear opportunity for donor to refuse participation;
obtaining signature and date certifying informed consent.
- Handles medical emergencies at the Center by providing routine
care as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); elevates
situations to Center Physician or local medical service providers
as required. Periodically checks emergency kits to assure supplies
are present and in-date.
- Reviews test results and determines continued donor
suitability. Follows SOPs regarding acceptable ranges of four-month
required test (PE/STS) reports. Maintains knowledge of and apply
all rules regarding four-month approvals and grace periods.
- Assess signs and symptoms a donor may exhibit that may result
in the inability to continue donating.
- Manages employee hepatitis B and influenza immunization
program, including administration of immunizations.
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center where applicable, and oversees donor
immunization programs. Reviews antibody titer results as required.
Maintains awareness of appropriate immunization schedule for each
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these
internal procedures and documentation.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Education
- Graduation from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant,
chiropractic, medical school or naturopathic medical training
- If graduation is from a foreign allopathic or osteopathic
medical school, must also currently be licensed as a physician or
state certification as an emergency medical technician Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a health care
- Experience in a plasma or whole blood collection center or
other regulated environment preferred
- Ability to make and analyze a physical assessment of heart,
lung sounds, signs of drug use, etc.
- Ability to instruct donors, staff and community regarding the
benefit of plasma donation programs Working Conditions (physical &
- Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on
immediate work unit.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
- Examine and assess the skin and other abnormalities through
sight, touch and smell
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
operational needs All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status, national origin or other legally protected
classifications. Please note, we may not have an immediate need at
the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to
well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are
interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may
have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will
follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware
correspondence may not be immediate.About UsWith operations in 35+
nations and -27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop
and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat
disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and
vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in
cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.CSL is
the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a
global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on
bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often
rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the
world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create
CSL---s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine
companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in
pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and
control of influenza globally.We invite you to take a look at the
many career possibilities available around the globe and consider
building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Charleston , Paramedic OR Nurse - LPN, LVN or RN, Healthcare , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!