Hospital Services Technician/ Storage and Distribution Technician
Company: American Red Cross
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives
every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its
best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian
As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are
required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID
19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is
prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on
providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption
prior to starting employment
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Use your passion for blood banking to support our
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
If you're looking to help save lives and contribute to the mission
of one of the nation's most respected humanitarian organizations,
consider a career in biomedical services at the American Red Cross.
As a Red Cross employee, you'll have opportunities to grow your
career and be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. Most
importantly, you'll work alongside dedicated individuals like
yourself who live the values of our organization every day. Join us
for a career that will motivate you to be your very best.
The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated
Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans
based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
As a Manufacturing Technician, you can expect to pick, pack, ship,
and receive blood products/samples. Perform further manufacturing
of blood products. Communicate with customers, volunteers, and
vendors. Maintain manual and computer records associated with
production or testing. Perform record reviews and resolve
discrepancies. Evaluate the suitability of blood products for
manufacture and distribution. Comply with safety policies and
procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment
at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood
and body fluids. Comply with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement
Amendments (CLIA) where required. Provide support, development,
and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
Shift: 1st shift
* Further Manufacture, store, place orders, distribute and manage
the return of blood products/samples according to applicable FDA,
AABB, CLIA, NRC, and Red Cross policies and procedures.
* Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals
established by the department.
* Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for
* Appropriately manage any exceptions.
* Perform good inventory management practices throughout the
manufacturing and shipping process.
* Prioritize workload to meet production and customer
* Operate, maintain and perform validation and quality control
checks on equipment.
* Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
* Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated
with further manufacturing, labeling, storage, ordering, and
* Maintain accurate, legible, and complete manufacturing department
* Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for
* Perform review of manufacturing records.
* Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and
information provided from other departments to meet time
requirements and quality standards.
* Identify and quarantine products/samples that don't meet quality
* Perform disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
* May perform management of sample tubes.
* Select the best transportation options based on customer
requirements and cost.
* Make hospital deliveries as assigned.
* Assume lead responsibilities when designated by a supervisor.
* Participate in on-the-job training of staff.
* On-call work may be required.
* Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and volunteers
regarding orders, deliveries, and returns.
* High School or equivalent required.
* Minimum 2 years of related experience in a regulatory,
laboratory, or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination
of education and related experience preferred.
* Good computer skills, attention to detail, accurate
documentation, and good decision-making skills.
* Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment.
* Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work on a team.
Physical Requirements: The duties are representative of the
essential functions of the position. ---Operational flexibility is
required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. ---Available to
work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays,
and weekends. ---Requires standing, stretching, stooping, and
bending for extended periods. ---Lift, pull, push and move objects
of up to 50 pounds. ---May work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers
for periods. ---Work under pressure and within time standards.
---Required to wear protective clothing such as lab coats, gloves,
face shields, etc. when there is exposure to blood and blood
products and/or where work location requires.
As part of the world's largest humanitarian network, the American
Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our
employees, volunteers, blood donors, and those who receive our aid
and services.--- Our commitment to public health is unwavering-both
during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity
to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross
volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to
help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a
difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and
allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross
relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to
help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our
most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of
Keywords: American Red Cross, Charleston , Hospital Services Technician/ Storage and Distribution Technician, Healthcare , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!