LPN - Skilled Nursing
Company: Bishop Gadsden
Posted on: May 16, 2022
LPN - Skilled Nursing - PRNOur LPN team provides quality nursing
care to residents in a skilled nursing setting through professional
and pleasant interaction. Our LPNs carefully assess and evaluate
the well-being of residents and take accurate action. The
successful candidate will have compassion for and the desire to
work with the elderly.Be BG! Benefits for Bishop Gadsden Team
MembersBishop Gadsden located on James Island, is a not-for-profit,
faith-based retirement community, affiliated with the Episcopal
Church. Bishop Gadsden is known as the Southeast's leading life
care retirement community and is located on 134 acres of lush
marshlands and majestic oaks on James Island, just 10 minutes from
downtown Charleston. We offer team members a flexible,
life-friendly and fun work environment, top pay, great benefits,
and a community-minded atmosphere! The successful candidate will
enjoy access to a wide range of PRN benefits such as:
- Free 24/7 TELADOC for team member and household
- Wellness Programs and Facilities with discounts on personal
training and massage therapy
- Access to and discounted BG Spa Services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Scholarship Opportunities for Education and Student Debt
- BG will pay for eligible employees to pursue a CNA
- Company paid CPR/AED classes
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Celebrations/Giveaways
- Monthly Safety Cash Giveaways
- Annual Nursing Awards
- Community Caf-- / Employee onsite dining options
- Free Onsite and close proximity parking
- Holiday Pay (9 holidays) paid at time and - for hourly team
- Free holiday meal for team members working on a given
- End-of-the-Year Bonus
- Ability to apply to purchase donated vehicles
- Generous Spirit Program where team members earn PTO for working
on approved charitable activities
- Free Working Advantage Entertainment Benefit Membership
(exclusive entertainment discounts/special offers)Responsibilities
- Responsible for total nursing care of residents.
- Visit each resident throughout the shift and instruct C.N.A.'s
in the needs of residents.
- Interact with staff, residents, families, and physicians to
provide optimum care for each resident.
- Document all pertinent information in resident's record daily
and follow up with other staff to ensure accuracy of care.
- Administer medications according to established procedures and
in a timely manner.
- Encourage resident participation in unit life and
- Encourage staff interaction with residents during waking
- Keep Charge Nurse informed regarding performance of personnel
assigned to the unit.
- Assume a leadership role and demonstrate this role to unit
personnel by example.
- Supervise unlicensed staff assigned to the unit as needed.
- Provide direction and supervision for C.N.A.s if
- Assist in unit orientation and guidance of all new
- Work independently with proper direction.
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely, and
- Must have the ability and knowledge to act in a supervisory
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism and clinical
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a
respectful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, reach, squat, climb, reach above
head, carry, and lift (up to 50 lbs.).
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally
and written. Required Education and Experience
- Must be licensed by the state of South Carolina and in good
standing with a current active license.
Keywords: Bishop Gadsden, Charleston , LPN - Skilled Nursing, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!