Sr Analyst, Healthcare Analytics (REMOTE)
Company: Molina Healthcare
Posted on: August 5, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Summary Performs research and analysis of
complex healthcare claims data, pharmacy data, and lab data
regarding network utilization and cost containment information.
Evaluates, writes, and presents healthcare utilization and cost
containment reports and makes recommendations based on relevant
- Develop ad-hoc reports using SQL programming, SQL Server
Reporting Services (SSRS), Medinsight, RxNavigator, Crystal
Reports, Executive Dashboard, and other analytic / programming
tools as needed.
- Generate and distribute standard reports on schedule using SQL,
Excel, and other reporting software.
- Create new databases and reporting tools for monitoring,
tracking and trending based on project specifications.
- Collects and documents report / programming requirements from
requestors to ensure appropriate creation of reports and analyses.
Uses peer-to-peer review process and end-user consultation to
reduce report writing errors and rework.
- Responsible for timely completion of projects, including
timeline development and maintenance; coordinates activities and
data collection with requesting internal departments or external
- Identify and complete report enhancements/fixes; modify reports
in response to approved change requests; retain old and new report
design for audit trail purposes.
- Analyze data sets and trends for anomalies, outliers, trend
changes and opportunities, using statistical tools and techniques
to determine significance and relevance. Utilize extrapolation,
interpolation, and other statistical methodologies to predict
future trends in cost, utilization and performance. Provide
executive summary of findings to requestors.
- Create comprehensive workflows for the production and
distribution of assigned reports, document reporting processes and
- Assist with research, development and completion of special
projects as requested by various internal departments, or in
support of requests from regulatory agencies, contracting agencies,
or other external organizations.
- Maintains SharePoint Sites as needed. JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Required Education Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics,
Computer Science Required Experience
- 5-7 years increasingly complex database and data management
- 5-7 years of increasingly complex experience in quantifying,
measuring, and analyzing financial/performance management
- Demonstrate Healthcare experience in Quantifying, Measuring and
Analyzing Financial and Utilization Metrics of Healthcare
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Preferred Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Math, or Computer
Science Preferred Experience Preferred experience in Medical
Economics and Strong Knowledge of Performance Indicators:
- Proactively identify and investigate complex suspect areas
regarding medical cost issues
- Initiate in-depth analysis of the suspect/problem areas and
suggest a corrective action plan
- Apply investigative skill and analytical methods to look behind
the numbers, assess business impacts, and make recommendations
through use of healthcare analytics, predictive modeling, etc.
- Analysis and forecasting of trends in medical costs to provide
analytic support for finance, pricing and actuarial functions
- Healthcare Analyst I or Financial/Accounting Analyst I
- Multiple data systems and models
- BI tools To all current Molina employees: If you are interested
in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet
job listing. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and
compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Molina Healthcare, Charleston , Sr Analyst, Healthcare Analytics (REMOTE), Healthcare , Huger, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!