Regional Health, Safety, and Sustainability Manager
Company: Ports America Group
Posted on: March 18, 2023
At Ports America, the Regional Health Safety, and Sustainability
Manager facilitates the on-going development and implementation of
Health, Safety and Sustainability strategy in our Georgia, North
Carolina, and South Carolina operations. The position will have a
high focus on identifying and mitigating critical risks as well as
aiding standardizing processes across Ports America. ---- Essential
- Provide direct support as required to the VP Operations in
Health, Safety and Sustainability (HS&S).
- Identify and assist in controlling high risk activities and
- Develop risk registers and control plans for all high-risk
activities for each site.
- When needed, provide hands-on support to implement
- Assist with the development, coordination, and compliance with
Ports America HS&S Standards, programs, and promotions.
- Mentor and guide site level HS&S Managers, Operations and
Maintenance / Engineering leaders.
- Assist in the development and attainment of strategic goals and
objectives for HS&S.
- Review the HS&S programs to ensure compliance with current
and future legal, regulatory, and corporate requirements.
- Research Environmental Health & Safety Grants that are
available to assist Company or Customers.
- Partner with Intelex Support to better utilize Intelex to
support HS&S systems, programs, and reporting.
- Organize and synchronize data from all Business Units to attain
the Green Marine Certification.
- Coordinate and collect data from all teams Human Resources,
Safety, General Council, & Engineering specific to GRESB
certification, Green Marine Certification and added certifications
- When needed, lead / assist in the investigation of serious
incidents, the identification and implementation of corrective
actions as well as sharing lessons learned across Ports
- Promote and demonstrate positive behaviors aligned with Ports
America values and culture.
- Coordinate with Business Unit leaders to focus on Corporate
Social Responsibility and community-focused activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel: Up to 50% within the assigned region -- Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health and Safety,
Occupational Health and Safety, or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience working in HSE developing and executing
- 10+ years of leadership experience in corporate sustainability
within the maritime, terminal operations and/or other logistics
industries. Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a willingness to work
towards the CSP Certification
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and
facilitation skills: ability to provide complex information in a
clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to influence business leaders to execute
strategic initiatives to meet business objectives.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage
and develop long and short-term plans.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with
discretion. NOTE:-- This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as needed
to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Ports America is an
Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex
(including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or
expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship
status; military service obligations or any other category
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This role
does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External
applicants must be eligible to work in the US.-- --
Keywords: Ports America Group, Charleston , Regional Health, Safety, and Sustainability Manager, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...