RN Medical Imaging PRN
Company: Trident Medical Center
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Trident Health, committed to building a health community across the greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Trident Health is a 407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - as well as two free standing emergency departments - Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Click here for our 2018 Year-End Celebration
We are searching for a Registered Nurse for a PRN position on our state-of-the-art Medical Imaging Unit. The Medical Imaging RN is responsible to the Nursing Director/Charge Nurse for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.
The nurse is an integral part of the Breast Care Imaging/Radiology Team. The major goal of the Radiology nurse is to provide exceptional quality nursing care to outpatients in the Trident Breast Care Center Department. The TBCC RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols already developed for the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assesses plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after the invasive procedures, breast biopsies.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing the invasive procedures, breast biopsies.
- Assists Radiologists during examinations and procedures.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Provides age appropriate and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Under the general supervision of a physician or a radiologist, the incumbent is responsible for assessing the nursing needs and initiating appropriate intervention for patients in the Breast Care Center according to nursing and medical imaging department philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Proper nursing standards are to be practiced as well as assist in the education program for staffing needs.
- Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- BLS-Healthcare provider on hire (American Heart Association)
- ACLS within 90 days of hire or transfer
- Specialty Certification highly preferred within 3 years of hire
- Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing
- Medical Imaging experience preferred
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer
Has a general knowledge of all areas of nursing practice. Demonstrates mature judgment, initiative, and proficiency in critical thinking skills. Act as a liaison between Radiologists and patients or patient's referring physicians. Adapts to fluctuating team priorities, maintains positive working relationships, and demonstrates flexibility. Acts as a resource person for the Radiologist, Mammographers, Ultrasonographers, support staff and others at TBCC concerning drugs for pain control, drug interactions and side effects, anticoagulants and those medications that require special teaching. Coordinates special handling of any patient care emergency such as drug reaction or cardiac arrest. Provides and monitors any special equipment such as intravenous fluids and oxygen. Demonstrates the ability to prioritize nursing responsibilities within the department.
- This is a PRN day shift position (7a-3:30p or 8a-4:30p)
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills needed.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Involves general guidance and direction by Department Manager. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Trident Medical Center, Charleston , RN Medical Imaging PRN, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!