Trauma Nurse Lead
Company: Trident Medical Center
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? Are you an experienced Trauma, ED or ICU Nurse searching for a new role offering huge opportunity for growth? If so, consider our outstanding opportunity as a Trauma Nurse Lead with Trident Medical Center in Charleston.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic Trauma team. Trident Medical Center is a 313-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital's specialty services include an award-winning Heart Center, the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Trident Breast Care Center and the Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic, the region's only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years, Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties. And, as the only Level ll Trauma Center in the North Charleston area Trident Medical Center has the proven expertise to save lives, currently treating more than 1,000 trauma patients annually.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? If so, apply today. We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world.
Benefits: As a PRN employee, you'll enjoy flexible scheduling, competitive pay. 401k and a huge opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful healthcare organizations in the world.
We are searching for a Trauma Nurse Lead for a PRN, as needed, position. This is an exciting time for our program and with that, we are looking to build an elite team of trauma nurse experts who will be looked to as leaders and mentors in the hospital.
Essential Core Functions:
The Trauma Nurse Lead (TNL) reports to the Trauma Program Director and provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines set forth by Trident Medical Center and the Trauma Service. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the TNL is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and coordination of treatment plans for the incoming trauma patient. The TNL demonstrates strong trauma clinical assessment skills, nursing intervention, and strong communication/leadership skills.
1. Responsible for trauma bay readiness
2. Coordinates and triages all incoming trauma patient activations
3. Functions independently in the role of TNL 1 (scribe) or TNL 2 (bedside)
4. Reviews/evaluates all activations for triage level appropriateness
5. Assists with admission consultations as directed by the primary trauma surgeon
6. Manages care as directed by the primary trauma surgeon
7. Responsible for documentation compliance
8. Responds to in-house trauma patients critical needs
9. Facilitates psychosocial support
10. Mentors ED and Inpatient nurses caring for trauma patients
11. Assist in training and in-servicing needs
12. Attends daily multi-disciplinary rounds
13. Identifies and reports trauma audit filters through the defined trauma PI process
14. Participate in scholarly activities to include TNCC course instruction
15. Functions as clinical liaison for pre-hospital partners
16. Facilitates trauma bay time outs and debriefings in collaboration with primary surgeon
17. Assists the ED with patient care during downtimes and times of surge
18. Authority to receive and place telephone and verbal orders on all patients on the trauma service
19. Participates in additional duties as assigned by the Trauma Medical Director and/or the Trauma Program Director.
- Education: Graduated from an NLN accredited school of nursing; BSN or MSN preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: South Carolina RN License, BLS, ACLS, TNCC, PALS and willingness to obtain TNCC instructor certification within 6 months of hire required; And, ENPC, TCRN, CEN and/or CCRN preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience in emergency/trauma or surgical critical care nursing required with a minimum of 1 year of in direct ED trauma resuscitation experience strongly preferred.
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Trident Medical Center, Charleston , Trauma Nurse Lead, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!