Registered Nurse ICU
Company: Trident Medical Center
Posted on: October 11, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and
fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Trident
Health, committed to building a health community across the greater
Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates
from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of
life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this
we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated
to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we
are and how you can join our dynamic team. Trident Health is a
407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals -
Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - as well as
two free standing emergency departments - Centre Pointe Emergency
and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently
named Trident Health as one of the nation's top hospitals for
quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. We want you to
join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated
professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient
care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Click here for our 2018 Year-End Celebration
We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive
pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life
insurance, tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness and employee
stock purchase plan.
We are searching for a Registered Nurse for a full time night shift
(7p-7a) position on our state-of-the-art Critical Care Unit. The
Critical Care RN is responsible to the Nursing Director/Charge
Nurse for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the
nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from
education and experience as foundation for patient care,
communication, and documentation on the unit.
Essential Core Functions:
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy
and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice
in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families
and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided
to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards
associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
Under general supervision the RN staff nurse provides direct
nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures
of Trident Health System. In collaboration with the patient, the
patients family and other members of the health care team, the
clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates
treatment plans. The Critical Care Department RN manages of
adolescent, adult, geriatric critical care patients in accordance
with established policy and procedure.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with
emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others
to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Promote an ICU environment that treats patients and families
with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion
- Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult,
and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
- Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives
and process improvement.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants,
vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of
the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have
completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the
discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary
caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the
- Current State of South Carolina RN license required, or
recognized compact licensure (subject to South Carolina State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- BLS - Healthcare provider
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days
of hire. *Transfers/New Hires have six (6) months from employment
to obtain ACLS certification
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing. Graduate Nurses
or Registered Nurse with little or no Critical Care experience must
complete the Critical Care Internship program and associated
- One year previous critical care experience required Shift:
- This is a full time night shift (7p-7a) position
- Weekend and holiday rotation required We are so excited to
speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Trident Medical Center, Charleston , Registered Nurse ICU, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!