Registered Nurse Emergency Room
Company: Trident Medical Center
Posted on: October 13, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and
fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Trident
Medical Center, committed to building a health community across the
greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values
emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and
quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To
accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our
values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
Trident Medical Center is a 313-bed major medical center providing
a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a
24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The
hospital's specialty services include an award-winning Heart
Center; the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery; the
Trident Breast Care Center; and the Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic,
the region's only outpatient burn clinic offering services to
patients of all ages. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care
Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more
than 40 years, Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients
and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties.
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated
professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient
care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Click here for our 2018 Year-End Celebration
We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive
pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life
insurance, tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness and employee
stock purchase plan.
We are searching for a Registered Nurse for a full-time night shift
(7p-7a) position in our state-of-the-art Emergency Room. The
Emergency Room RN is responsible to the Nursing Director for the
delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process.
Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience
as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on
Under the direction of the Nursing Director or Supervisor, the
Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of quality
patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation. The RN is responsible for directing
all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing
practice and federal, state, and local regulations. The RN
incorporates knowledge of patient's age specific development and
cultural diversity into the plan of care. The RN contributes to
quality nursing care through process improvement techniques and
multidisciplinary collaboration that demonstrates positive outcomes
in the delivery of patient care. Job may include direct supervision
of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must
have the same licensure or have completed the same training to
satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct
supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the
student throughout the shift.
Essential Core Functions:
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy
and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice
in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families
and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided
to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards
associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
- Current unencumbered South Carolina or Multi-state Compact
Registered Nurse License
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Certification on
- ACLS required within 6 month of hire/transfer
- PALS required within 6 months of hire/transfer
- NRP (MCMC, CPMC) Certification on hire or within 6 months of
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) Certification on hire or
within 6 months of hire/transfer
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days
- Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing Experience:
- Experience in acute care preferred
- Emergency room experience preferred
- Physically and mentally capable to satisfy job
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively
meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and
satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these
responsibilities Special Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written
- Computer skills needed.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to
ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills. Shift:
- This is a full time night shift position (7p-7a)
- Weekend and holiday rotation required We are so excited to
speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Trident Medical Center, Charleston , Registered Nurse Emergency Room, Healthcare , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!