Company: Bishop Gadsden
Posted on: November 16, 2020
Be BG - Why Work for us:
BENEFITS FOR BISHOP GADSDEN TEAM MEMBERS
- End-of-the-Year Bonus
- Scholarship Opportunities for Education and Student
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
- Cash-In Unused Paid Time-Off
- 401(k) Matching Retirement Plan
- eLearning Classes and Certificates
- Monthly Employee Celebrations with Gift Card Giveaways
- 8 Holidays, paid at time and a half
- Free holiday meals
- Company Paid CPR/AED Classes
- Cafe Discounts
- Wellness Programs and Facilities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account with $1,000 to spend on medical
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year Recognition
- Annual Nursing Awards
- Monthly Safety Cash Giveaways
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Loan Program
- Free and Close Proximity Parking
OBJECTIVE:The concierge position is multifaceted and
multifunctional. As the central point of contact for residents
andguests, the concierge is responsible for greeting all who come
in, making everyone feel welcome and important,and presenting a
positive image of the Bishop Gadsden Community. The primary purpose
of the Concierge is touse exceptional customer service while
directing all incoming calls to proper parties, taking and
distributingmessages; greeting and directing all visitors and being
available to assist residents during working hours.
- Uphold a respectful and courteous demeanor.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work station as well as safe work
habits. Each Concierge should be mindful of the other and clean the
Concierge Desk at the end of their shift.
- Answer telephone promptly and route calls to the appropriate
department/residence or take messages as necessary. Personal calls
should only be made for emergencies or made while on break and kept
- Greet and direct walk-in visitors, making all who come in feel
welcome and important and presenting a positive image of the Bishop
- Assist residents, visitors, and staff with information,
directions and other inquiries of a general nature, and know when
(and to whom) to direct inquiries requiring specialized
- Maintain the Communications Book with incident reports,
resident updates to include hospital stays/emergencies, deaths,
etc. to ensure that incoming Concierge is notified.
- The incoming Concierge should always check the Communications
Book at the beginning of each shift.
- Learn and know residents by name. Residents are to be addressed
Mr. XX and Mrs. XX or if retired military or physician, that title
and last name, i.e. Gen and Mrs. XX, Col and Mrs. XX, Dr. and Mrs.
- Because of the nature of the concierge position, there will be
exceptions to this; however, residents and guests of Bishop Gadsden
should always be addressed with courtesy and respect.
- Initiate work orders for maintenance, housekeeping,
transportation and other special requests by residents guests or
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the activities calendar and
schedule including details of special functions, e.g. holiday
parties, special speakers, etc.
- Notify and track staff/resident packages, prescriptions, and
flower deliveries. Assist in the distribution of information into
resident's in-house mailboxes.
- In Myers Hall, if the nursing staff is unable to deliver the
package, etc. to the resident, the Concierge
- should call the Myers Hall Administrative Coordinator, or
- Sell postage stamps and receive payment or charge the proper
- Assist residents with copying and faxing needs receiving
payment for copies and faxes or charging to theproper account as
- Maintain the Resident Away Information Book and ensure that
appropriate departmental staff is notified, including writing up
work orders for special requests. (This applies to the Commons
Concierge Desk Only.)
- Process Hold Mail forms and ensure the in-house mailboxes are
updated as needed. Store resident mail that is held while a
resident is out of town.
- Coordinate Guest Room check-in and check-out, transfer of the
Guest Room key to Housekeeping, and manage any changes that arise.
(This applies to the Commons Concierge Desk Only.)
- Make sure Housekeeping gets the key to the Guest Room once the
guest(s) check out. If check-in or check- out falls outside the
guidelines specified in the Guest Room Book, always make a note and
leave it in the
- Guest Room Book for the morning Concierge.
- Assist the Marketing Department to assure proper greeting and
handling of prospects, having them fill out a guest card.
- Balance petty cash every week on Friday and at the end of the
year on December 31 st .
- Maintain an overall knowledge and understanding of general
operating procedures, marketing information and practices, staff
member's names, title and responsibilities.
- Participate in departmental and community functions, including,
but not limited to, annual continuing education, CPR certification,
quality improvement initiatives, and general activities.
- Respect and adhere to HIPAA Regulations and the Bishop Gadsden
Residents' Rights policy; maintain resident
- Assist with special projects and accept additional duties as
necessary in a cooperative manner as assigned by supervisor.
BISHOP GADSDEN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume accountability for department and facility policies and
procedures and assume accountability for information contained in
the current employee handbook.
- Adhere to established facility and departmental safety policies
- Participate in facility fire drill procedures.
- Perform all responsibilities with adherence to Resident's
Rights and HIPAA.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a
respectful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Adhere to the Bishop Gadsden dress code policy and
- Participate in educational and departmental
- Attend mandatory continuing education sessions.
- Attend department meetings and/or educational opportunities as
- Attend facility functions and demonstrate interest in Bishop
- Show evidence of working as a team member.
- Adhere to attendance and scheduling requirements.
- Accept additional duties as necessary in a cooperative
- Observe fiscal responsibility in use of Bishop Gadsden
resources and purchases made on behalf of Bishop Gadsden.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and verbal
- Must be able to operate a multi-line telephone.
- Must possess exceptional communication, administrative, and
public relations skills.
- Must be able to work well and maintain a pleasant manner under
pressure or with a high degree of interruption.
- Must possess basic problem-solving abilities to handle routine
issues and know when to refer problems to a supervisor or where to
acquire information when needed.
- Must possess and exhibit a strong positive attitude toward
customer service and uphold the philosophy of the
- Must be able to interact with residents and their families as
well as other staff with tact, courtesy, and
- Must present a well-groomed appearance in accordance with the
uniform policy and demonstrate a courteous, friendly, patient and
congenial manner at all times.
- Must have some knowledge of Microsoft Office.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:The physical demands, with reasonable
accommodations, of an employee in this position are as follows:
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, bend and walk
while on duty.
- Ability to carry and lift (up to 50 pounds /-).
- Requires reaching above, below and at shoulder level.
- Requires the limited applications of manual dexterity and
eye-hand coordination necessary for the
- handling and operation of common office equipment such as a
multi-lined telephone, computer, fax
- machine and copier.
Keywords: Bishop Gadsden, Charleston , Concierge, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!