Line Cook II
Company: Bishop Gadsden
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Available Opportunity: The purpose of the Line Cook II position
is to prepare (cutting, chopping, mixing) and cook (grilling,
saut--ing and other cooking methods) food items as directed in our
Market Place Caf--.-- The Market Place Caf-- offers several food
station and buffet meal options for our residents in a relaxed
market-like environment.-- Responsibilities:
- Interact with and serve residents in a positive and friendly
- Demonstrate general knowledge of food preparation and handling
techniques in daily work.
- Prepare and creatively assemble hot entrees, soups and
vegetables with accuracy and speed.
- Work independently with proper direction.
- Work in a fast paced a la carte environment.
- Adhere to established facility and departmental safety policies
and procedures. Qualifications:
- Interpersonal skills are necessary for exchanging information
as well as maintaining a courteous relationship with the residents,
families, visitors and employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a
respectful and courteous demeanor
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly in English both
verbally and written.
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, reach, squat, climb, reach above
head, carry, and lift (up to 50 lbs.). Required Education and
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience as line
- Completed high school education or equivalent.
- Associates degreed in culinary industry preferred. Be BG! - Why
Work for Us: We offer a wide range of Full Time benefits such as:
End-of-the-Year Bonus, Generous PTO Program, Cash-In Unused PTO,
401(k) Matching Retirement Plan, Wellness Programs and Facilities,
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Short
and Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, Employee
Assistance Program and much more!-- Founded in 1850, Bishop Gadsden
is a not-for-profit, faith based retirement community, affiliated
with the Episcopal Church. Bishop Gadsden is known as the
Southeast's leading life care retirement community and is located
on 134 acres of lush marshlands and majestic oaks on James Island,
just 10 minutes from downtown Charleston. Nationally recognized for
its architectural design and high quality programs and services,
Bishop Gadsden offers residents the amenities, support, and freedom
to live truly extraordinary lives. It offers its team members a
beautiful work environment, top pay, great benefits, and a
community-minded atmosphere.-- --JB.0.00.LN
Keywords: Bishop Gadsden, Charleston , Line Cook II, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!