Production Cook II
Company: Bishop Gadsden
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Who We Are! Founded in 1850, Bishop Gadsden (sometimes referred
herein as ---BG---) is a not-for-profit, faith based retirement
community, affiliated with the Episcopal Church. Bishop Gadsden is
known as the Southeast's leading life care retirement community and
is located on 134 acres of lush marshlands and majestic oaks on
James Island, just 10 minutes from downtown Charleston. Nationally
recognized for its architectural design and high quality programs
and services, Bishop Gadsden offers residents the amenities,
support, and freedom to live truly extraordinary lives. It offers
its team members a beautiful work environment, top pay, great
benefits, and a community-minded atmosphere.-- Available
Opportunity: The purpose of the Production Cook II position is
batch cooking, preparing hot food in preparations, accompaniments,
and garnishes, as directed by the Executive Chef or the manager in
charge.-- All cooks ensure food is prepared in accordance with
current applicable federal, state, and local standards and
regulations. The successful candidate will have compassion for and
the desire to work with the elderly. Be BG! - Why Work for Us:
BENEFITS FOR FT BISHOP GADSDEN TEAM MEMBERS
- Competitive Pay
- End-of-the-Year Bonus
- Scholarship Opportunities for Education and Student Debt
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
- Cash-In Unused Paid Time-Off
- 401(k) Matching Retirement Plan
- eLearning Classes and Certificates
- Employee Celebrations with Gift Card Giveaways
- 8 Holidays, paid at time and a half and free holiday meals
- Company Paid CPR/AED Classes
- Caf-- Discounts
- Wellness Programs and Facilities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account with $1,000 to spend on medical
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year Recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Loan Program
- Free and Close Proximity Parking Responsibilities:
- Regularly handle and prepare food in a safe and sanitary
- Demonstrate general knowledge of food preparation and handling
techniques in daily work.
- Prepare and creatively assemble hot entrees, soups and
- Follow preparation sheet and recipes provided by dining service
- Ensure items of special request are provided.
- Complete the tasks of advance preparations as needed.
- Work independently with proper direction.
- Work in a fast paced a la carte environment.
- Store food items properly at close of meal service and clean
work areas and equipment used in food preparation.
- Performs all duties assigned in an effective, timely and
- Show evidence of working as a team member.
- Accept additional duties as necessary in a cooperative
- Adhere to attendance and scheduling requirements
- Adhere to established facility and departmental safety policies
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a
respectful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Perform all responsibilities with adherence to Resident---s
Rights and HIPAA. Qualifications:
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally
- Ability to read and comprehend numbers and written
- Interpersonal skills are necessary for exchanging information
as well as maintaining a courteous relationship with the residents,
families, visitors and employees. Environmental Conditions and
Physical Abilities: The following physical demands, with reasonable
accommodations, of an employee in this position are as follows:
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance
with reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to lift and/or carry weights of up to 50 pounds with
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
with reasonable accommodation.
- Manual dexterity, particularly in hands and arms, must have the
ability to use hands to finger, handle and feel and ability to
reach with hands and arms Required Education and Experience:
- Completed Associates Degree in Culinary Arts.
- 2 years professional experience as a cook
- Experience with batch cooking and a wide variety of cooking
Keywords: Bishop Gadsden, Charleston , Production Cook II, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!