Line Cook I
Company: Charleston Place Acquisition LLC
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionWe believe that hospitality is a transformative
art — that this "place" can do more than inspire and nurture its
guests, team, and partners. It can inspire an entire city, country,
and world. By captivating the hearts and imaginations of a new
generation with renewed passion, purpose, and intention, we're
building a hospitality company and place that celebrates humanity.
Where we can be a source of hope, care, and delight. Where people
are inspired to be the best version of themselves — kinder, more
open, and more gracious. And, that we have the power to carry that
spirit with us into our hearts, lives, communities, and everywhere
we go. Our ValuesOwn Your Integrity Deliver Grace Strive For
Well-beingAct With Compassion Serve With Excellence Embrace
Humility Position SummaryWhile no job description can possibly
provide a comprehensive list of job duties, the following is a
summary of the major responsibilities for the Chef de Partie (Cook
I) position. The Chef de Partie (Cook I) is an essential member at
the Charleston Place with the Food & Beverage team dedicated to
providing exceptional quality and service to our guests. The Cook I
will provide an enjoyable expertly cooked dining experience
conforming to standards of excellence for quality, professionalism,
and friendliness. Cook I's ensure that all food items are prepared
to exacting standards. We are looking for an individual who poses
an affinity for guest service! This position requires an applicant
with a high to expert level of food knowledge and experience.
Candidates must have solid personal presentation and interpersonal
skills. Be able work on a team that is built on mutual respect,
collaboration, and focuses on excellent results.Cook I will oversee
and manage all team members that work in their designated area as
well as the general kitchen area. The Cook 1 position is required
to operate, maintain, and properly clean a deep fryer, broiler,
stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, meat and cheese slicer,
oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
Proficient knife skills are required. This position requires
continuous standing for up to 8 hours per shift and the ability to
lift up to 70lbs. Why Work at The Charleston Place
- Enjoy free meals in our colleague café
- Paid Time Off based on hours worked, up to 16 days in your
- 8 Paid Public Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Up to 4.5% Company Match – Retirement Savings Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Discounts for Hotel Restaurants
- Uniform Provided
- Flexible Schedules
- Colleague Events
- Friends and Family Discounts for Hotel Stays Join Charleston's
most iconic hotel where our hospitality professionals are rooted in
tradition and growing with purpose. We welcome all who arrive with
open hands and open hearts. Responsibilities
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in similar kitchen/hotel
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all
major responsibilities. This will include evenings, weekends, and
- Run the day-to-day operation of assigned station in the
- Must have the knowledge of the five mother sauces, as well as
knowledge of all other hot and cold sauce making. Not limited to
stokes, dressing, thickening agents, and applications, marinates.
With the ability to teach others this skill.
- Required to have full knowledge of all basic cooking techniques
Soups, Sauté, Grilling, Frying, Roasting, Braising, Poaching, and
the treatment of vegetables, as well cold food cooking
- Assist in creating and preparing menus items and specials.
- Check and complete mise en place and pars and set-up the
- Communicate with the Sous Chefs and the Chef de Cuisine
regarding menu items, problem situations or shortages.
- Work closely and help create standard recipes and plate
presentations to maintain standards of quality in production and
- Maintain a good working relationship with other employees.
- Store and rotate items properly
- Ensure a clean, neat, and organized work area
- Always conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects
the Core Values of the Charleston Place
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned.
- Follow all guidelines for timely food service to guests. The
Charleston Place is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and are
not based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and
related medical conditions), citizenship status, national origin,
ancestry, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age,
religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status,
veteran status, uniformed service, political affiliation, genetic
information, or any other factor or characteristic protected by
Keywords: Charleston Place Acquisition LLC, Charleston , Line Cook I, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!