Banquet Server - On Call
Company: Hotel Bennett
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Setting up tables as assigned, servicing food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guest tables according to hotel standards and group requirements. When specified, taking beverage orders and collecting payments from the guests. Maintain cleanliness of all banquet areas as well as equipment. Knowing and understanding banquet menus as well as beverages specified by the group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Able to follow directions as well as assigned responsibilities from Banquet Director, Banquet Manager, Assistant Banquet Manager, and the Banquet Captain.
- Knowledgeable of daily features and activities within the hotel.
- Work cohesively with the team delivering exceptional service to our guests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct use and maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Completely knowledgeable and complying with service procedures and policies.
- Past serving experience required. Banquet serving experience preferred.
- High school graduate, some college.
- Minimum of 18 years of age to service alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Certification of alcohol awareness program, training in food, wine & liquor service preferred.
- CPR certification also preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English to management, co-workers, and to the guests.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Have positive attitude and is willing to assist guests as well as co-workers.
- Ability to acknowledge and follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift minimum weight of 20 lbs.
- Capable of working consecutive hours without sitting down.
- Ability to lift and carry trays and ovals.
- 100% - Standing during shifts. 80% - Reaching, bending, and lifting.
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify.
Keywords: Hotel Bennett, Charleston , Banquet Server - On Call, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, South Carolina
here to apply!