Retail Team Member II
Company: Palmetto Goodwill
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Impact Your Future, while impacting your community! Together we
change lives by giving everyone the opportunity to thrive, through
training, education, and employment! Align your passion and purpose
at Palmetto Goodwill. -Applicants must apply at
palmettogoodwill.org/jobs -SummaryAs the face of Palmetto Goodwills
retail locations, team members in the Retail Team Member II
position provide Amazing Customer Experiences while receiving
donations, processing donations, or maintaining efficient
merchandising and sale of donations.Essential Duties and
- Delivers ACE (Amazing Customer Experience) to all internal and
- Acts as an ambassador of Palmetto Goodwill and our I-CARE
(Integrity, Collaboration, Attitude, Respect, Excellence)
- Embraces an expectation of learning and growth.
Enthusiastically participates in training and development.
- Celebrates and supports a culture of diversity, inclusivity,
and belonging at Palmetto Goodwill. Ensures team members feel
respected, accepted, and included.
- Enthusiastically receives donations from donor utilizing GRATIS
(Greet, Receipt, Assist, Thank, Invite back, Sort)
- Sorts, prices, and stocks hardline donations for sale according
to established expectations.
- Sorts, tags, and stocks softline donations for sale according
to established expectations.
- Accurately utilizes point-of-sale system to complete sale of
merchandise. Requests customers to round-up change for maximum
- Accurately records donations, production of merchandise and
- Meets established production goals corresponding to role in
- Maintains clean work environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency of cashier, softline production, or
donor services / hardline production roles through evaluation.
- Reports known or suspected security and/or theft problems to a
member of store management, appropriate District Manager, and/or
Asset Protection department.
- Complies with all agency policies, procedures, and safety
standards throughout all work areas; maintains same to meet CARF,
Department of Labor, and other regulatory standards.
- Maintains safety standards in the store and reports any
exceptions to store management.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by a member of
store management.QualificationsMust be able to:
- Understand English; comprehend instructions provided in verbal
and written form.
- Read and comprehend Retail Production and Training manuals;
follow process instructions effectively and efficiently.
- Multi-task effectively; be able to adjust to frequent changes,
delays, or unexpected events; be flexible and/or adaptable as work
- Be a self-starter; work efficiently with minimal supervision
after work instructions are provided.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Work effectively in a team-based environment; Interact
professionally with customers and a highly diverse employee base on
a regular and routine basis.
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends, and have reliable
transportation to and from work.Must have:
- Basic computer skills including use of various retail related
systems, understanding of basic programs (Microsoft Word),
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity: the ability to demonstrate a
sensitivity and awareness of diversities in people and
cultures.Education and ExperienceCompletion of any level of primary
or secondary education, regardless of diploma/degree. Previous
experience working in a retail environment preferred.Physical
DemandsWhile performing the essential duties and responsibilities
of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to: stand; walk; bend; stoop; kneel; crouch;
talk and/or hear; use close, distance and peripheral vision; use
depth perception and the ability to adjust focus; use hands and
fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach
with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move over50 pounds.
- Rarely required to sit.Work EnvironmentWork is usually
performed in a retail indoor setting. The employee may occasionally
be exposed to outside weather conditions (extreme cold or heat).
The employee may frequently be exposed to dust and odors. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate. -Required
- 16 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
- Available to work: weekdays
- Available to work: weekends
- Able to work in an environment with fluctuating
- Reliable transportation to and from work
Keywords: Palmetto Goodwill, Charleston , Retail Team Member II, Hospitality & Tourism , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...