Company: Belmond Charleston Place
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Responsible for parking and retrieving guest's vehicles safely and promptly while providing courteous service. Must be customer service oriented, able to lift, push, pull a minimum of 50 pounds and be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekend and holidays. Valid SC Drivers License and minimum 21 years of age required.
- Park guests' vehicles.
- If applicable, explain parking options and prices; offer valet parking.
- Retrieve guests' vehicles accurately, promptly and safely.
- Complete parking garage forms.
- Give guests a warm send-off.
- Provide driving directions and general information as needed.
- Ensure the safety and security of all vehicles by stringent key control.
- Complete daily task sheet.
- Practice aggressive hospitality at all times.
- Provide a strong sense of arrival and welcome; greet all guests in a friendly, warm, and professional manner.
- Uphold the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Remember and use guest names at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel features/services, outlets, hours of operation, etc.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to outside organizations and the community.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guest and general hotel information.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Ability to obtain a valid South Carolina driver's license. Ability to provide and keep a clean Motor Vehicle Record. Well polished individual, able to represent the hotel in a very professional manner. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to maintain hotel standards, policies, and procedures. Ability to go the extra mile, to provide the extra attention in order to satisfy guests' individual needs. Ability to think clearly under high pressure or deadlines. Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests and/or situations. Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment. Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner. Ability to focus attention on details and be able to organize, prioritize, and follow up. Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings if necessary. Understanding of the luxury hotel environment. Some knowledge of Spanish or a second language preferred.
Belmond Charleston Place provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, disability, life and AD&D insurance. You are eligible for the majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time employment. The effective date will be the first of the month following your 60th day worked. We also offer 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and holidays, as well as tuition assistance.
Keywords: Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston , Valet, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!